VAIO SZ 770N not booting

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ770N/C 13.3-inch Laptop (2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 Processor, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, Vista Business)
upgraded to windows 7 a year ago. notebook is 3 years old.
recently with the slightest physical movement the screen turns black and completely stops responding. just the ac power led or batt power and the hard drive LEDs stay on. after holding the power button 5 secs it will shutdown. if i try to turn it back on only those 2 LEDs i mentioned before will turn and remain on, but absolutely nothing else would happen no beeps no error msgs not even screen will flicker.
if i change the notebooks physical position with a little wiggle of the ( it has a speed/stamina switch to switch from the onboard gfx chip or the nvidia ) speed/stamina switch it will turn back on and just show a "not properly shut down" screen. i researched and apparently the NVidia GeForce Go 8400M chip has been defective in other systems i read that other manufacturers even recalled it. this notebook has been the best ive seen and owned. even now, it runs perfectly, and looks great! except for that issue i have going on which is a bummer because i spent $2,400+. this problem does not happen all the time, as right now I use it as a desktop pc with a usb keyboard and mouse and has not had any problems. but i dont move it at all. i would appreciate any thoughts on this issue or should i sell?
thanks!

Hi,

Startup Repair is present on the ‘System Recovery Options’ menu. It is a Windows recovery tool which helps to resolve the problems of missing or damaged system files. These damaged files prevent the Windows to start correctly. Startup Repair cannot solve hardware failures, such as a failing hard disk or incompatible memory. When you run the Startup repair tool, it scans the entire system and helps to start the system correctly.

Hi,

Startup Repair is present on the ‘System Recovery Options’ menu. It is a Windows recovery tool which helps to resolve the problems of missing or damaged system files. These damaged files prevent the Windows to start correctly. Startup Repair cannot solve hardware failures, such as a failing hard disk or incompatible memory. When you run the Startup repair tool, it scans the entire system and helps to start the system correctly.

yeah, i have already tried that. and since the notebook stops working (no BSOD or freeze or anything, it completely stops) with slight physical movement, it would be almost common sense that it is a hardware issue. my research concluded that the graphics chips came out defective. i found similar issues even the way the LEDs stayed on. thanks for the reply.

Back