Various BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously I have received an error message on Windows XP SP3 that indactes "Delayed Write Failed". I figured it was my RAM and I was planning on upgrading anyways.
Days ago I receive 2 new sticks of RAM to replace my old ones, the old message "Delayed Write Failed" has disappeared, but at random I received a BSoD message stating, "kernel_stack_inpage_error 0x77, I tried resolving the issue through microsoft support websites and forums but can't fix it.

I continue to use the computer with these rare BSoD messages appearing, and I get another error message, this time it's "Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error 0x7A. I tried to resolve this problem as well such as running check disk a few times and running Memory Tests on my RAM. Everything's fine. I ran Kasperky Internet Security AV and came up with no boot sector viruses or any other forms of viruses/spyware.
The next BSoD that was different happened to not include an error message, but only a list of parameters: 0x3, 0x8A5A~~~.
Days ago I received a different message that had something to do with ATMFD.DLL at a different address and it was the Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error again.
During my RAM tests I removed 1 stick at a time, on the second stick I noticed that the computer does NOT have a video display with ANY RAM stick in the first memory slot. I decided to run the computer with the 2nd(only) working slot and I received another BSoD about Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error this time(0x77).

I also tried to manually and Auto(system set) the pagefile because I noticed it was configured to my 1GB of RAM, rather than 2.

I've been looking through forums and microsoft for weeks and still can't resolve the problem. I've had this computer for a few years and it's been working fine. If anyone has other suggestions, please tell me :)

Another test I recently ran is from the program Hitachi's DFT utility. All tests came back successful, I can't find ANY diagnostic yet.

Please please please lend me a hand.

Thanks

These 0x77 errors have been popping up here as of late. 0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Here is my first suggestion: Download the free Seagate's SeaTools diagnostic harddrive utility that you can get off of their website. The great thing about this utility is that it works with many brands. I have an old Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop that came with a Hitachi and it recognized and read it with no problem. Run the Long DST.

Scan for infections. if need be use NOD32's free online scanner. It works very well and I've used to help others who were infected. It not only recognizes the infections but will clean them if you want.

How long did you run memory diagnostics and did you use Memtest?

Give us your system specs and how old the system is.

*** Get back to us with the results.

Well your Delayed Write is a disk issue! Has absolutely nothing to do with RAM UNLESS the Delayed Write happened to the pagefile which is not RAM from your sticks but simulated ram swapped to the HD!

To turn on/off Delayed Write Rt click Drive C: Click properties and other physical drives you have. Then click Hardware then select the HD and Properties at bottom Rt corner the policies.

You will see the box to enable disable Write caching (Delayed Write)! Delayed Write on will give some speed boost to HD i/o but is not so safe.

I suggest Start-Run
type
chkdsk /r
It will need exclusive access and offer to to the chkdsk on next reboot! So reboot and let it do so.

Next I would do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Not only to check for Malware but also see if the HJT log shows any issues.

Mike

I've already ran virus scanning tests, memtest, checkdisk, and anything else I could think of.
Delayed Write Failed only lasted a day or two and I never got them again.

System specs are 2GB of RAM. 2.6g single core, Shuttle XPC Motherboard, Nvidia 7950GT VC, 250GB HD, and it's roughly 3-4 years old. Anything else I should be including?

Yes, I've done everything I could think of.
I removed the DVD drive because one forum posted a problem about that for 0xC0000185 under the 0xF4 Error. DIdn't crash for an hour and it's happening again.
Sometimes it's the critical thread/process BSoD and sometimes it's Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error.
I also deleted the pagefile, defragged, and reset the pagefile to 1.5x my RAM(2x1GB).

I ran CCcleaner & Hijack this, and other AV programs; nothing major came up.

I can't even system restore now, keeps telling me it's incomplete.

I figured it may have been a problem with a program called Magic ISO, where it mounts virtual drives, I disabled them all weeks ago just before the BSoD came up. I uninstalled the program as well and nothing is fixed.

Several different HD and RAM tests come back clean, no bad blocks/sectors, RAM works fine.

Should I post a memory dump file on here and run the /scannow command?
I'll have to find my XP CD first.

Get the minidumps attached

Couple questions.

You say System Restore is whacked. What else, perhaps Windows update?

Is the Windows Firewall operational can you turn it on and off?

Anything else don't work that you can think of?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back