VgaSave instead of a real video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
my comp has crashed so many times & the only reason that really bothers me is that weve had to reboot & ive lost all my music & pictures a few times over. i also cant play the sims 2 anymore.. ive qone to systemrequirementslab.com & i have all the things i need to run it but it couldnt identify my video card. & when i try to run the sims 2 it wont start. i went to display properties> settings> advanced> adapter> properties & its telling me i have VgaSave. ive run the dxdiag a couple times & everythings fine but it says direct3d functionality not available so i cant test that.

system info.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: GATEWA
System Model: D915GAG_
BIOS: BIOS Date 07/22/04 17:17:29 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 502 MB RAM
Page file: 271MB used, 958 available
Directx Version: DirectX9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

i get i have to download a card & drivers but idk how to fix this & this vga thing. if you can be kindof explicit with your answers thatd help... im not particularly gifted when it comes to using a computer x]. if i need to give anymore info about the comp lmk.

use prog Driver Genius =) it help you =) it say for you, whats model you video card, and can download last drivers.
try find "Hardware acceleration" in display properties> settings> advanced. and max it. and check the check box :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back