Video Card Problem! Please help >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow_Rains

I was Playing Battlefront 2 One day And All of a sudden my Computer Crashes, And from that point on i've been getting lines allover the place on my screen on Startup, (White,Blue,Red)
And My resolution cannot be adjusted to anything bigger than 800x600 With Medium Quality, And Then I cant play Any games, I tried updating the drivers, But When i restart windows Crashes and Tells me "Page_Fault_In_Non_paged_area" I'm worried that my Video Card Fried, But im not sure. I have a GeForce FX 5700.

Thank you for the help

i've run many tests already, And ive opened up my computer now Numerous Times, It came to the point Where i think thought that it was so dusty it couldnt function but that was false. The lines Keep appearing even after restarting my computer, and when i install a game to play it it does not load at all.

Well, first of all, I need your other system specs. Also, did you upgrade your video card? If you did, the problem could be that the card is incompatible with your motherboard. However, I think that PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is a RAM problem. You should run Memtest. Here is a link to the program available for download: http://memtest86.org

Hope it helps.

P.S: if your RAM turns out bad, the reason for the stripes and discolorations could be that your RAM does not meet the video card's RAM needs.

I have a AMD Athlon XP 2200+

1.66ghz

512mb of RAM

Nvidia Geforce 5700 (256mb)

My motherboard is an Nvidia Nforce2

I need help Using memtest, I have Windows XP and The whole Floppy Thing is Confusing me.

Thank you for the help.

Well, memtest should be fairly simple(though i've never used it). but I think you should call nVidia and see if your mobo is compatible with your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back