Video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a really annoying problem and i need a little help and i have looked at other posts and could not find a good answer

Ok This all happend quite awhile after i put my new graphics card in. Ok this problem happens on world of warcraft and on fable but in different ways.

World of warcraft way= after i get playing at any random time all the objects in the game will just disapear and it will flash back to normal but it keeps on doing it and the screen turns black and the light on the moniter turns from green to orange and i have to rebboot.But when it starts flashing if i press the windows button sometimes my desktop will be in 4 bit color and i have to rechange it and i will go back into the game and it will then repeat the screen flashes.

Fable way=after i get playing at any random time the screen wil just turn black and all you can see is like a rock in the background or something small like that. it will flash like that then the screen will just go pitch black and the light will again go to orange from green and i have to reboot.But if i press the windows key while it is flashing the desktop will show up normal but when i go back into the game it will work fine for like 5 seconds then the screen will go completely black and i have to to reboot.

Hard drive 69.8 GB Free space 4.48
Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.79GHz, 0.99 GB of Ram
Graphics card:Nvidia FX5200
Plug and play moniter

if thier is anything else you need to know just ask.

hey tyler476m

Try updating all your video card drivers from NVidia.... does the problem happen for all games or just those 2 games?

Spyder_1386 :)

Does this only happen when you are gaming? Are there any other times when your experience the color changes or black screens?

Is your card passively cooled or does it have a fan? if it has a fan is it spinning?

You first mentioned these two games but then said all gaming. Is it more than these two games? I have a reason for asking.

Also, how old is this card?

no just these two games is what i meant to say.and i think the card is maybe a year old but im not positive nevermind yes it is over a year old

It could be that the video card is dying. I have had the same thing happen to me with a brand new GeForce Ti4200 6 years ago and it died fully in less than a year. Everything was fine in non-gaming but when I put a load on by gaming the card failed. However, at this point I am only guessing this is your issue. I suggest you go to the video card forum and post your issue(s). That would be the best place.

Also, check your connections and make sure your card is seated properly.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back