Video card problems

Hey guys, I have a geforce 8500 Gt nividia graphics card.
After my computer froze twice on me in one night "about a week ago" causing me to have to shut down my machine manually, I reverted my computer back to factory. So when my computer was done I installed my wireless internet, sound drivers, and all that jazz but when I went to install my video card again on the restart my computer freezes again when loading windows. I've tried pretty much everything I gotten in contact with nvidia, i've called the maker of my machine. they all haven't helped at all I can give you the specs on my computer if you need them. So I guess I'm asking if anyone has had this problem any and all help is much appreciated. thanks =P

btw i do not have the windows start up disk
my OS is Windows XP Media center edition

the card could be on it's way out, it happens.

i'm guessing you just used the system restore feature to revert if you do not have an OS disk, correct? or did you use a manufacturer restore disk? there could be another factor in regards to the system freezing, unless you are sure it's the graphics card (i.e. artifacts or colored lines appearing, blue screens etc). there could be a problem with your RAM or even the hard drive that is causing the freezing.

I did a system restore because i did not have to reinstall the OS.
Well in my device manager it shows up as my display having a yellow question mark and an exclamation mark as well and every time I try to reinstall that and or download the driver for it. It freezes like I've stated above so I mean if it's not the graphics card, than Idk what it could be because everything else seems to be running 100% perfect.
Get at me. =)

Yea this is the same graphics card that came with my machine. I've used it for the last 6 months or so. But I don't know if I should drop the coin on a new video card or do I see if anyone have maybe a solution for this I've posted on a few forums with no such luck yet but I'm hoping someone in here can help me out.

Thanks =)

Hmm.. Try to move on your last system's good configuration. You can go there while booting up your pc. For example, restart your pc, then press F8. You will see then list of things that you can be done, like : Stat window normally, safe mode in command prompt or safe mode. You should choose the "Last known good configuration".

I hope this will help. :)

Nickoz, have you tried to update your driver (the one with yellow question mark in your device manager)? When you do it, you should choose the "have disk" and you will browse it to the installer.

warranty is no good me now I guess its been about a year with this machine after all
so yea warranty is expired .
After for updating the driver I have updated it but I haven't done the browse option for it where would I browse for the update?

Back