Video card upgrade choices

New here. This is my first post, so let me know if I've missed anything. I read the sticky. I’m looking for help to find out if my system is compatible with the video card I’d like to upgrade to (NVidia GTX 560Ti) or anything advisable for High Quality graphics on Skyrim. My current vcard is a Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 516MB (700Mhz Core, 1750 MHz shaders and 950 MHz memory). I'd like to get better video quality. I'm currently playing Skyrim at medium.

Here are my Specs:

1. Motherboard - MSI MS-7388
2. Graphic interface – PCI-Express x16
3. Memory – 4GB DDR2
4. CPU – AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
5. CPU Speed – 2.8GHz
6. Power Supply Make/Model - AcBel
7. Watt output/Amperage 500W (couldn't upload the sticker image for the life of me, soz. Let me know if you need Amperage)
8. Monitor: Asus vw192c (WXGA+ 1440x900)

Other: I'm from the USA but I live in Taiwan. Let me know if I've left anything out.

So can I plug and play with the GTX560Ti or what are my choices? What would I need to change to get a better experience out of Skyrim? Thanks a lot, all!

GeForce > Hardware > Desktop GPUs > GeForce GTX 560 Ti > Specifications
GTX 560 Ti
Minimum System Power Requirement (W) = 500 W
Supplementary Power Connectors = Two 6-pin

GTX 560 Ti - 448 Cores Limited Edition
Minimum System Power Requirement (W) = 550 W
Supplementary Power Connectors = Two 6-pin
You are borderline but should be fine running the 384 core card at 500W's. I think they allow plenty of headroom for any possibilities so adding extra wattage for headroom yourself would probably be overkill but an option that many choose to do.

The biggest worry would probably be your PSU... never heard of AcBel but you might be able to get away with a GTX 560Ti with it. Make sure you have two 6-pin power connectors though.

Back