Video does not show on newly built system

Hi. Need your help...
Just purchased the following components of my new system from NewEgg... Put it all together and video does not work. Looks like all lights are lit, fans are spinning, but no video when trying to boot up and no beeps...
I am at a total loss... Please help...

Here are my system specs:

CASE ROSEWILL|CHALLENGER RT
PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-850TX 850W RT
MB GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 LGA1366 R
CPU INTEL|CORE I7 950 3.06G 45N R
VGA MSI| N470GTX TWIN FROZR II R
MEM 4Gx3|GSKILL F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
HD 1.5T|WD 7K 64M WD1501FASS % - OEM
KB&MS LOGITECH | MK550 R
BR BURN LITE-ON | IHBS112 % - OEM
DVD BURNER LITE-ON | IHAS424-98
CARD READER|KOUTECH IO-FPM421 R
WIN PRO 7 64-BT ENG 1PK DSP OEI DVD - OEM

The lack of video might be a symptom of something other than the video itself. Did you use motherboard standoffs? Did you connect the 8 pin 12V connector on the motherboard? Are both external PCI-E power connectors on the graphics card hooked up to the PSU?

If the above items don't help, remove/disconnect all components from the motherboard except one RAM module, the CPU, CPU heatsink/fan, graphics card (and power connections) PSU, front panel ON switch and see if it will post. Of course, shut off the power to the PC while removing and inserting components.

If you still have trouble, to eliminate the possibility of shorts try removing the motherboard from the case, place it on a soft, non-conducting surface and connect the above components and see if it will post.

Thanks for the reply... I just RMAed my motherboard and the CPU... When new one comes, I will post and let you know what happened...

Back