Video driver stopped working and recovered

Hi you all :)

I often use photoshop, and I never had problems with this software.

But in my new computer, sometimes it doesn't start.
If I only start the software, no problem.
If I open an image, it continues on opening, without results, only the hourglass.

There is a small notice on the right-bottom of the desktop, that my screenshot-software can't catch.
Something like: the HD video driver *** stopped working and now it is recovered.

But the image isn't opened. I have to restart computer and try again. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't work only restarting photoshop

This is the video card characteristic. The NVidia software is updated.img2.jpg

Thank you in advance!

At first, I was thinking maybe your GPU didn't have enough VRAM, but according to notebookcheck.net, the GT 745M has 2GB of VRAM (your notebook may be different). That should be plenty for PS. Check out some possible solutions below.

I have a few options you can try:

1) Clean install the latest driver. This will ensure that the driver software is cleanly installed and there are no previous drivers interfering. You can do this by downloading the latest stable driver from >>here<<, opening the installer, choosing the "Custom Install" option, and check the box that says, "Clean Install". Tell me if this helps.

2) Make sure Adobe Photoshop is up to date.

3) If the above solutions do not work, try checking out the Photoshop GPU FAQ from Adobe, which provides some tips for GPU troubleshooting. This is your best bet.

4) If the above solutions do not help, try posting to the nVidia forum or Adobe Photoshop forum since they may be able to provide you with some detailed solutions. For example, maybe your Photoshop settings are too high/intensive for your GPU. There are 2 nvidia forums you can try, the Driver Forum and/or the Mobile Hardware Forum. As for Adobe Forums, you can check out the Photoshop Forum.

Unfortunately, if no suggestions help, the card may be flawed.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

-JC

Thank you very much for your suggestion, JC713. I will provide now to check all of them.
I hope it is not flawed... So boring to send the computer to the assistance :( and I need it.

I think I will write now to Nvidia, instead of Adobe, support because the computer is very young (three months) and I also noticed a technicolor screen when I switch on... :(
Anyway I really hope that the update you suggested will work, I am installing now.
Thank you again

I would try writing on the nVidia forums. If none of the solutions help, talk to the PC manufacturer, not nVidia. They may be lenient about replacing it. Tell me if it works! The technicolor issue may be another sign the card is failing.

Hi!
Then, I tried the driver installation. And no more problem about it. I am happy that it don't happen anymore.
I still have sometimes the technicolor screen... mmm... -.-

thank you very much JC713!

Ok great! It means there was a conflict with a previous driver or the driver may have been corrupt. You should always clean install GPU drivers just as a precautionary measure. As for the technicolor screen, I would post on the PC manufacturer forum just so you can see if there is a solution. Is it still under warranty? The card seems new enough.

No problem. If it is under warranty, there is NO reason why they shouldn't replace it if need be.

Back