Video Problems... Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built my first computer about a year ago. I have an ASUS A8N SLI-DELUXE mobo and an EVGA 6800 GS CO SE 256MB video card. Today I installed a second video card, but it is slightly different. It is the EVGA 6800 GS 256MB. I followed the directions, but I must screwed something up. When I booted the computer, the monitor did not turn on. I took out the second video card out and put everything back to the way it was originally setup. When I booted the computer again, the video was still dead. Did I damage the video card or mobo? Is this something that I can fix? Please help.

Paul

Thanks for replying to my post... No. I did not. The monitor does not turn on, even after I took out the second video card.

Paul

Its no problem. :grinthumb I love to help if I can.

When you installed the new card did you disable the old one in System Properties? If you did you may need to go into BIOS and set your video back to default.

If not, try this:

Turn your PC off if it isn't already and disconnect the power cord.

You need to make sure you seated the previous card in the slot properly. Ground yourself and disconnect it and reinsert the card, making sure to apply even pressure until you hear it set. Make sure it's lined up properly and the pins are clear of any debris.

Once you reset the card, plug your monitor back into the card and turn your PC on. Your video should be on. If not check the power to your monitor. I have to go to bed now, but there are other (and more experienced) techs on the board that can help you out further if you need more assistance.

Take care and Happy Easter!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back