Virus and malware removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is extremely sluggish. The hard drive seems to be excessively busy. Just starting up Firefox can take a couple of minutes.

I followed your 8-step virus and malware removal instructions and have attached the requested logs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello psem

You have viewpoint on your computer -

Viewpoint is considered foistware and is not needed on your computer.

Download and unzip to own folder on Desktop - http://bellsouthpwp.net/p/r/prprogramsstudios/viewpointkiller.zip

Run ViewpointKiller.exe

Reboot.

ViewpointKiller 1.2 FinalViewpointKiller does exactly what it's name says: Kills Viewpoint Media Player. Viewpoint Media Player is an adware that displays bandwith eating popup ads in IE and on your desktop. It comes silently with an install of AIM and will be reinstalled by AIM if uninstalled.ViewpointKiller fixes all of that. It takes off Viewpoint Media Player once and for all.

You also have two antivirus programs running.
"Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and will typically cause your computer to crash, and will provide less protection.
Not more."

Uninstall your AVG8 Antivirus
Run the AVGRemove Tool

Reboot, attach new hijackthis log, and tell how things are running now ?

Hello Touch.

Thanks for your help. Things appear to be working much better now and the hard drive is not nearly so busy.

I've attached the latest hijack log.

Thank you again,
psem

Sounds good :)

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0000-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - avgrsstx.dll (file missing)

Reboot. i don´t need more log´s.

See if these tips can help -> If your computer is slow ->
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/slowcomputer.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back