Virus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months back i got a virus and i thought i tried to have it removed by spybot but it would just keep coming back. A few weeks later i woke up and turned my computer on and the VAIO loading screen was all discolored and weird looking and it sent me to that black screen where i can only start in safe mode. Many of the letters on the black screen are weird symbols so it is kind of hard to read.In safe mode the desktop is a weird choppy dark blue and everything is all weird and discolored. Any idea on what to do?

Please help!

Hi skran123
Is there any form of error message prior to it becoming discoloured?
What happens if you load to safe mode? does it look any different there?

If it keeps doing this or safe mode is any different, really i would suggest you get any data of there you can in Safe mode and then do a re format and re install of windows if the options there

no there is no error message, it just turned on and was like that. And yes safe mode does work but when i got there the backround is always some weird color and lags alot when you drag things around.

i have the windows xp pro sp2 disk and i tried using it but it just got stopped halfway through cause the virus screwed it up. So now i am back at square one.

I would say to that that it will probably require wiping due to the obvious virus issue. You will have to nuke your hard drive before hand to get rid of the primary partition and then install clean from there. Again this will wipe the PC and anything else attached but if youve tried the reformat allready then your data is most likely gone so that ok

However the program in question that i have used is Darik's Boot And Nuke but Ive not used it fully enough to be able to confidently tell you how to use it and i don't want to be to blame for any system instability. Does any one have any knowledge or instructions around Tech spot?

i am totally fine with wiping everything, i have no important information on it. So yea if anyone else can help me with this nuke thing please

First of all, Spybot S&D is a spyware/adware program, not an antivirus program. So if you got a "virus" you need to scan with your antivirus program to remove it.

What told you there was a 'virus'? What was the name of this 'virus'?

Please tell us what security programs you have and what you have scanned with. It would be a shame to reformat/reinstall and get infected again because you don't have enough protection or understand what each program does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back