Viruses. Computer Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my computer has at least 4 viruses, and one of them is a Trojan. My built in anti virus scanned my computer and detected them, it said they are all in quarantine and not affecting my computer. However, the computer is extremely slow, I no longer am able to have a background on my desktop, and errors occur very often when I am on the internet making me end now, and asking if I would like to debug and send the error report.
What should I do to get rid of these? Thank you :)

It's Spyware, not Computer Viruses!

The reason you're still having problems is because the anti-virus only checks for computer viruses, not spyware. You are infected with spyware and you need to use anti-spyware utilities to remove it.

Go to the Downloads section and download/install/run the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

• AVG
  • Ad-Aware 2008
  • Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost when done and you may have to fix any corruption left over from the spyware.

Best,
-- Andy

So I ran them, and they detected lots of things and got rid of most of them. In the AVG one there were 2 that were ignored called Adware.minibug and Adware.coupons. There was also one that it just put into quarantine and it is called worm.gaobot. This one was labled as high risk and also was detected on AVG.

Good news though, I now have a desktop background and everything seems better. Is there anything I should do about those 3 that I mentioned earlier? Thank you so much :)

:d yes!!

Yes!! It is remarkable when you run these anti-spyware utils and everything reappears again! It's like MAGIC! :D

Don't worry about the 3 items that AVG couldn't remove but was able to quarantine. When quarantined, they cannot run so it's almost the same as removing them. Also, it could just be a few files that are just part the the bigger infection. So, the 3 items alone may not do anything even if they were not quarantined. Unless you're still experiencing problems, let's assume you're free of spyware.

Congrats! Job well done!

Best,
-- Andy

Closed. If there are further problems, thread starter should PM a mod to reopen the thread. Participants of the thread can bring their private conversation to PM/IM etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back