Viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I was having lots of trouble with firefox and ie not accessing Google's page. Timing out before I could connect.
I ran the 8 step virus removal programs. Attached are the log files. I then deleted norton corporate edition and installed avast, ran a full scan and got more worm notifications.
Thanks for any information about the sluggishness of the computer and what you see in the log files. The log files are from before I installed avast.
Jamie
PS Sorry I started the new thread in someone else's thread. I thougth the instructions for first time post were to reply to a post (duh, didn't see start new thread).

Boy, was Norton expired for a long time... Your computer was quite a mess... Run the scans again. If malware keeps showing up, turn off System Restore and rescan

Ok, thanks for the reply.
I ran the 8 steps again and here are the log files. When I did a full scan with avast, no viruses were found, but plenty (33) tracking cookies were.
Symptoms include, the computer times out before it can get to a web page frequently, using IE. It also says that there is a firewall issue causing the network problem but I am using the windows firewall. Sometimes, I can't even get to Microsoft's website.
Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back