Vista blue screen stop code d1 when downloading in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just came across this forum when trying to figure out the reason for numerous BSODs today. This is my first post here, and any help with my problem would be much appreciated! Im no expert in computers, but Ive tried to get an idea of the problem before i posted this.

I run Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a one week old Acer 5920G (Inter core 2 duo, 2 gb RAM).

The first blue screen appeared yesterday when downloading some files with Firefox using the Download Statusbar extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/26. After a few crashes during download I gave this up, and the computer worked nicely. Today it went blue on me just after booting. Now it happened several times when doing nothing in particular, and without even starting Firefox. During the day it has actually been working nicely. To be sure that I still have a problem I forced the computer to do a number of downloads in Firefox just now. Unfortunately I do. It did not crash from one download, but several at a time did the trick.

In another forum I found someone reporting a similar problem with firefox: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/22202. In accordance with this Norton actually found a tracker in my computer, which has now been removed. Maybe this is the cause? But this didnt fix it either.

The message at BSOD was something like this:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000904, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0,8CF19D81)
ndiswan.sys - address 8CF19D81
base at 8CF07000
DateStamp 45496325

I do not need to use safe mode to boot after blue screen.

To rule out memory damage I ran memtest, which didnt find any errors.

Since the laptop is new (and dust-free) and does not get very hot, and the BSODs occured several times just after booting, I guess this problem is temperature-independent.

Ive done my best to create a .txt file of the last minidump following instructions on this forum. Let me know if Ive succseeded or not! I didnt get much out of the minidump myself, but maybe someone here could try to decipher? Let me know if Ive succseeded or not! I didnt get much out of the minidump myself, but maybe someone here could try to decipher? Let me know if i should add more dumps or if im doing something wrong, or if more info is needed. Thanks in advance!

Attached a few of the latest minidump files zipped, in case that helps, I undestand that more than one is needed :). I also let memtest run overnight , and still no errors found.

I wish I had the option to restore system setting from before i had these problems, but only four restore points, all of them from yesterday was to be found. Howcome? There should be plenty space for more of them? Crap.

Edit: Sorrt for replying to my own thread, no bumping intended! Next time Ill edit instead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back