Vista laptop sporadically turns off

learninmypc

Once in a while when using my Vista Home Premium laptop on battery, it'll shut down after a few minutes even thou my settings are set to Turn off Display after 1 hour.
Put computer to sleep after 2 hours.
When I go to start the laptop back up, it gives me the choices of which "Start Windows Normally" is one of them. Confused as heck.

You are welcome. I do a lot of laptop repairs and I have see this battery trouble quite often:)

I've removed the battery, but am wondering if it will do any harm to put it back in?
It does recharge when its in,just curious.

It wont do any harm to the computer. You just wont be able to rely on the battery. I have a laptop that has had a bad battery in it for over 2 years now. I have to keep it plugged in, in order to keep it going. It has a span of maybe 15 minutes if it runs off of battery. So put the battery back in and keep it plugged in until you either get a new battery or get a new computer.

It wont do any harm to the computer. You just wont be able to rely on the battery. I have a laptop that has had a bad battery in it for over 2 years now. I have to keep it plugged in, in order to keep it going. It has a span of maybe 15 minutes if it runs off of battery. So put the battery back in and keep it plugged in until you either get a new battery or get a new computer.
Thank you kindly. Techspot is AWESOME.(y)

Back