Vista unexpected shutdowns, memory dumps says ntoskrnl.exe probably to blame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm new here, wondering if anyone could help with a problem I'm having please.

Been having a problem with unexpected shutdowns on a Vista PC. I have attached a text version of the minidump file which says the error is Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe. The other relevant piece of info it gives is:
BugCheck 9F, {3, 86a7c190, 84b99030, 867da578}

but I have attached the whole file.

Many thanks for your help

Kath

Your debugger is not using the correct symbols
Best to post the dmp file itself in future. Otherwise just download the 100meg of Symbols for your Windows version.

This one Minidump (well txt file) doesn't help much, in what the fault is.
But in most cases, it's just a matter of updating all your device drivers, and Windows security updates. And possibly running Memtest on your Ram.

Once that is all done, wait for the next Minidump (hopefully never comes) and post the actual DMP file

here's the .dmp file, thanks

thank you for the advice. I will certianly try that. Here is the dmp file though if that can give any more clues.

Seems not having those Symbol Files made a Difference with them it cited a USB Driver for Windows "usb8023x.sys".

Do you use anything connected to your Computer via USB?

Try updating your USB Drivers in Device Manager and see if that helps the Problem.

Also have you had anymore Bluescreens or Unexpected Shutdowns since your Original Post?

thanks

Hi thanks for your reply.
No, haven't had any more problems since last week. I did go through device manager and update drivers, but might not have done all the USB ones so will check. Yes I do use a smart phone which when I'm at my desk I sync through a USB lead.

Kath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back