Visual C++ Buffer Overrun please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I open Windows explorer. I get a pop up message saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Program:C:/Windows/Explorer.exe.

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

I visited the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal thread and went through the steps. But I did no do the Combofix yet, because of the potential risks. I do believe the problem is related due to a recent torrent download. And the computer will not allow me to delete it. Furthermore, i tried to scan the file with AVG, but came up with nothing. This is a laptop that I'm dealing with, running on Vista. Please help. Problem is very annoying.
Here is my HJT file.

Here is my malware bytes-anti malware log. Nothing interesting, nothing malicious found. No anti virus program I've tried so far, Mabam, Super anti spyware, AVG, or spybot. The Bufferoverrun still remains present and i fear it is the same virus discussed in this thread, where the victim resorted to reformatting
w w w.techspot.com/vb/topic100030.html
As I also have a file that was from limewire and i am unable to delete it. I hope i doesn't spread. Plz read my logs and ease my worries.

Opinion: you are not infected.

Opinion: Use Castlecops HJT links to eliminate the glut of startup programs.

Post your Visual C++ problem with supporting errors from the events logs. Use the appropriate forum.

As I also have a file that was from limewire and i am unable to delete it. I hope i doesn't spread. Plz read my logs and ease my worries.

As far as getting rid of the file from limewire, i have had the trouble in the past. One solution if have found is to delete the folder containing the problematic file. Just make sure to get everything out of that folder before you delete it. If that doesn't work, i have used the del command in command prompt to delete problematic limewire files.

to do this go to run and type in cmd and hit enter.

then used the type cd with the directory after it
ei: cd c:/C:\Documents and Settings\kcenter\My Documents

you can copy paste the file path if you want.

then type dir and it should list everything in the folder. Make sure the offending file is there.

next type del and the file name.
ei: del badfile.mp3

you can copy paste that file name also.

hope that helps get rid of that pos file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back