Volume Control Issues on Samsung Smart TV

I have recently started having problems with controlling the volume on my Samsung UN55UM6290 Smart TV. The Volume will be at a certain level and will only raise or lower by 1 or 2 levels. For example if the volume is at 22 it will only raise to 24, and won't go beyond: and it will only lower to say 20. Unplugging the TV from the power outlet will fix this temporarily, but it returns within hours and sometimes within a few minutes.
So far I have tryed: 1.) Unplugging (fix is temporary) 2.) resetting sound (Doesn't do anything to fix it) 3. Ran diagnostic sound test (doesn't do anything to fix issue) 4.) Reset TV to factory settings (Fixed issue temporarily) 5.) Removed batteries from remote and pushed power button for 60 seconds (Fixes temporarily) 6.) Used toggle control on back of set to change volume (Will sometimes free volume up to raise and lower, but doesn't work all the time, and definitely doesn't last long) 7.) Checked TV for software update (Says I already have the latest update) This TV is just over 6 months old. What could be the issue? Is the Sound defective?

Back