Vundo Virtumonde Admedia problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevmckeown

I hope you can help me. I've foolishly downloaded a torrent which has caused mayhem on my pc. Main problems are: process capacity constantly running at 100% and numerous AdMedia pop-ups opening. Also seems to be setting my security levels as "trusting" within McAfee Firewall, and setting my cookies treatment as "accept All" within IE properties.

I've tried a combination of Ad-Aware, Spybot and McAfee and it seems to find either Vundo or Virtumonde, but each time i re-boot i'm back to square one. Really hope you can help!

Thanks

Hi kevmckeown,

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of kevmckeown only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Vundo update!

Hi Blind Dragon

Thanks for your advice. Have been on hols so only now carrying out your instructions. Will update you with my progress. Am also getting an error message in windows, saying unable to load file c:\windows\system32\ukdntgyd.dll...should i be worried?!

That is typical when the file has been removed but the infection is still in the registry.

All the warning is telling you is that the registry prompted the file to load and the file wasn't there.

Vundo Results

Hi Blind Dragon

Attached are log files for HJT and AVG Antispyware. Can't find log file for combofix. Tanda Antirootkit found no problems. What should I do next?

Thanks for your help, I await your verdict!

KevMcKeown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back