W32 Netsky Worm Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, don't know what info you require as I am desperate for help

I have AVG8.5 running on Vista Home

and Netsky will NOT go away, a scan doesnt pick it up nor does safe mode scan as it says system locked when i scan.

I have tried Fxnetsky, Protector Plus, Hijack this, Cleanns, Vcleaner and many more ideas

I CANNOT acces the web to download anything so am using another laptop.

Even the symantec fix doesn't ix anything

I have read hundreds of pages but can't find any files in regedit (at least that eventually worked)

I can't restore or basically do anthing, so any help appreciated

I tried for 10 hours to resolve this and you say download this link

Which bit of I cant acces the internet on my other PC didnt you read

I manually deleted most of the regedit files i could find, but still have no acces to Restore, I have run malware etc etc, the virus doesn't show up,,,,,,,,, but it removed a lot.

Most programs i dont have access to, I deleted I think ssme.exe etc etc

I also upgraded to AVG9 which found a lot, strange as ver 8 didn't

but still some **** remains

I've referred couple of friends to symantec's as well as this cleaner to remove netsky and it worked for them, and as you have scanned registry manually in detail and found nothing suspicious anymore; i can only say something is up with your windows installation. If you have windows xp setup cd, you can try to use repair option by booting your system through the XP CD.

However, since you've posted you can't access/run the programs you got on it nor system system restore is working; so if the xp repair doesn't work, i think you may end up having to reinstall xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back