W8.1 Freezing

11mrtom

W8.1 Freezing.
Symptoms W8.1 runs for 3 minutes and then freezes. access to the cursor, nothing else. Forced restart and see a change in log in detail. Previously I used a 4 digit pin, now it needed my hotmail password.
Checked Task Manager, no wild processes & all appeared normal. Page file, System managed. Ran System Restore which failed to detect previous snapshots. Ran SFC Scan now, OS froze after 20%.
Then time to try Tweaking Repair tool, launched app then into Safe Mode and again system froze after 3 to 4 minutes. Now this something new. Thinking possible hardware now. Fan kicking as normal, not running hot. So reseated the SSD drive and Ram and did the battery out / hold power button. No improvement.
Digging deeper, with multiple restarts, checked Disc Management and then System Restore which showed 2 entries for C, one label "System" the other "Missing". (See Attach 1) While trying Configure on the missing C drive an error indicated wrong path. (Se Attach 2)
So the only recent change was an auto upgrade to Malwarebytes trail, have disabled that on start up. No change.
So at this point I'm lost! Hope I have detailed the issue so someone1.Sys Restore C drive missing.png 2. Sys Restore C missing properties.png can help with diagnosis.

To eliminate memory issue, I ran mdsched.exe which ran on reboot detecting no errors.
Am unable to upload fresh msinfo32 file here.

Back