Inactive "Waiting for www.google-analytics.com..." pages won't load on my Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanlao

So this only started to happen recently where I would want to go to a site and the page goes blank and says that it is "waiting for www.google-analytics.com". It is then just stuck on that loading screen. I'm not good with computers or any of the technical stuff, but I have been searching for a solution and can't find one. Could someone please help me?

Do you have the Google Toolbar on Firefox? If you do, click on the wrench on the right end of the Toolbar> Search section > Uncheck 'Send Usage statistics to Google'.

No, I have the built-in search bar. There's no wrench. Oh, and when I clicked a link a separate window popped up with "gugle-analytics" I don't know if that changes anything though. Thanks in advance.

Give this Firefox add-on a try: Ghostery 2.3.1> HERE

It blocks over 200 web-tracking agencies from gathering information on your internet use. This includes Google Analytics. It updates itself weekly to keep 'one step ahead' of the trackers.

Ah, thank you! It works, but I'm wondering if this actually gets to the root of the problem and stops it. Because sometimes I'll get a pop-up with gugle-analytics when visiting a page or link that is not related to my search. Is this not some sort of virus?

I'm not sure if this is related, but when I'm using the google search engine and I click one of the results it brings me to a page completely unrelated to what I searched.

You are misspelling this- right? gugle-analytics I don't think the analytics is a matter of malware. It appears that it can be used in a business environment to track traffic on a web site.

On the other hand, if you are using the Google search and are being redirected to a page other than what you requested, that could be caused by malware.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

No, its actually spelled "gugle" which is why I'm a little worried. [When I click a link, a separate window opens with "results.gugle.com" in the web address bar] As for the 8-step removal instructions, I have a question about step 4. How do I know if my operating system is Windows 7 64-bit or not?

Lots of complaints about this>gugle
Most of the site that come up using the search string "results.gugle.com" were low rated sites. The few others I checked indicated this was mostly in Firefox and many were from the Macs.

A search for just the word "gugle" found this:
Gugle is a free Google search Widget.You can choose the result language in the preferences dialog: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and more! Gugle widget allows you to search for specific stuff on web, using the Google searching engine.
Requirements: Yahoo Widget Engine

My thought on this would be why would you need a search widget in a search engine!

To find out if your computer is running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, do the following
1. Open System by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.
2. Under System, you can view the system type.

Ok, I think I've completed the 8-steps correctly (hopefully). Thanks again for doing this! :) Attached are the DDS logs.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

9/14/2010 1:26:38 PM
mbam-log-2010-09-14 (13-26-38).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 120168
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Attachments

• DDS.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 1
On 9/12/2010, Microsoft Antimalware identified this threat on your system:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37020&name=Rogue:Win32/FakeXPA&threatid=2147610319

It has several aliases, a common one being Antivirus 2010. The instructions for the removal are on the site above. Did you get an alert for this? Do anything about it?

The message was:
9/12/2010 2:10:35 PM, Error: Microsoft Antimalware [1008] - Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error when taking action on spyware or other potentially unwanted software. For more information please see the following: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37020&name=Rogue:Win32/FakeXPA&threatid=2147610319 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Name: Rogue:Win32/FakeXPA ID: 2147610319 Severity: Severe Category: Trojan Path: Action: Remove Error Code: 0x80508023 Error description: The program could not find the spyware and other potentially unwanted software on this computer. Status: Signature Version: AV: 1.89.1515.0, AS: 1.89.1515.0 Engine Version: 1.1.6103.0

The additional errors in the Event log note that in order to be protected, the program needs to be kept updated. Please do that now. Then scan with the program and follow any screen prompts for removal. Security programs-or any other programs that get security updates such as Java and Adobe cannot protect a system unless updates are current.
==========================================
You have both McAfee and Avast running. Please remove one of them. Multiple AV programs cause cause more multiple vulnerability.
============================================
The following programs are outdated. Update each and then uninstall all earlier versions:
Java: Check this site .Java Updates Get the most current update. Uninstall any earlier versions in Add/Remove Programs.
Adobe Reader: Visit this Adobe Reader site and make sure you have the most current update. Uninstall any earlier updates as they are vulnerabilities.
====================================
After you update and scan with Microsoft Antimalware, please Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus scan HEREhttp://www.eset.eu/online-scanner
  1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  4. Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  5. Click Start
  6. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  7. Click Scan
  8. Wait for the scan to finish
  9. Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  10. A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

I didn't realize that microsoft essentials had scanned my computer, but checking back it says that it was removed. Attached is the Eset log. Thanks again.

Attachments

• log.txt
    1 KB · Views: 2
Eset identified one entry so run this for removal:

Please download OTMovit by Old Timer and save to your desktop.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt3.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit3.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
    Code:
    :Processes	
    :Services
    :Files  
    C:\SWSetup\AOLIMS\setup.exe
    :Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [start explorer]
    [Reboot]
  • Return to OTMoveIt3, right click in the "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • A log of files and folders moved will be created in the c:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder in the form of Date and Time (mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log). Please open this log in Notepad and post its contents in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt3
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
====================================
Please follow with this:
Please download ComboFix from Here and save to your Desktop.

• [1]. Do NOT rename Combofix unless instructed.
    [2].Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3].Close any open browsers.
    [4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.
  • NOTE: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If it does not, restart your computer to restore your connection.
    [5]. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    [6]. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always allow.
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    [7]. A report will be generated after the scan. Please paste the C:\ComboFix.txt[/b] in next reply.
You can use more than one post for log if needed.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: Make sure you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix..

Sorry- didn't realize you have a 64bti OS. Run this instead:
  • Download OTL from either of the links below and save it to your desktop.
    Link 1
    Link 2
  • Double click the OTL icon to run it.
    OTL_Icon.gif
  • The opened console will resemble this:
    OTLv3.1.5.0.gif
  • Set Output at the top to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Copy the entries in the Codebox below> Paste in the Custom Scan box.
    Code:
    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    symmpi.sys
    adp3132.sys
    mv61xx.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTListIt.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

Oh, ok. I'm not sure if you'll still need this, but here's the OTMovit log from step on the previous post.

Attachments

• 09162010_165846.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
Both logs were way too long to fit into posts, I hope its okay that that I just attached them to the post instead.

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    66.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Extras.Txt
    38.7 KB · Views: 3
I know you probably have tons of other peoples' threads to look over, but just wanted to check in to make sure this thread was still open. [ I'm just paranoid that it might get lost in all the other threads xD;; ]

I lost the thread! Please accept my apology. I must have accidentally deleted notice of your reply. It the problem still "waiting for www.google-analytics.com"? Has there been any change?

I lost the thread! Please accept my apology. I must have accidentally deleted notice of your reply. It the problem still "waiting for www.google-analytics.com"? Has there been any change?

Further investigating gives this information:
1. This is most likely cause by a Firefox extension. To prevent such entries:
Add the Firefox extension AdBlockPlus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/
Then, to that, add the Easy List which is a filter for it: http://easylist.adblockplus.org/
Reboot the computer after putting both of these on.

Please run these OTL Custom Scan Fixes
  • Run OTL
  • Copy the contents of the Code box and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom:
    Code:
    :OT
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - No CLSID value found.
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - No CLSID value found.
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: []  File not found
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe File not found
    O13 - gopher Prefix: missing
    O13 - gopher Prefix: missing
    O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoActiveDesktop = 1
    O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoActiveDesktopChanges = 1
    O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System: ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 5
    O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System: ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 3
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\http\0x00000001 {E1D2BF42-A96B-11d1-9C6B-0000F875AC61} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\http\oledb {E1D2BF40-A96B-11d1-9C6B-0000F875AC61} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\https\0x00000001 {E1D2BF42-A96B-11d1-9C6B-0000F875AC61} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\https\oledb {E1D2BF40-A96B-11d1-9C6B-0000F875AC61} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\livecall {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\msdaipp - No CLSID value found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\msdaipp\0x00000001 {E1D2BF42-A96B-11d1-9C6B-0000F875AC61} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\msdaipp\oledb {E1D2BF40-A96B-11d1-9C6B-0000F875AC61} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\ms-itss {0A9007C0-4076-11D3-8789-0000F8105754} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\msnim {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\mso-offdap {3D9F03FA-7A94-11D3-BE81-0050048385D1} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O20 - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (/pagefile) -  File not found
    O20:[b]64bit:[/b] - Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui: DllName - Reg Error: Key error. - C:\Windows\SysNative\igfxdev.dll (Intel Corporation)
    O21:[b]64bit:[/b] - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - CLSID or File not found.
    O21 - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - CLSID or File not found.
    :Services
    :Reg
    :Files
    :Commands
    [msconfig /all]
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run uninterrupted, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.
=================================

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus scan HEREhttp://www.eset.eu/online-scanner
  1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  4. Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  5. Click Start
  6. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  7. Click Scan
  8. Wait for the scan to finish
  9. Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  10. A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

I may have to add script again but go ahead with this.

No problem, I understand that you have a lot of other people to help as well as me and that maybe some threads would get lost among so many. I haven't experienced any new problems, but I want to make sure that there isn't anything that my scanners haven't found or that I've overlooked. Attached are the logs from after running a fix on OTL, running a quick scan on OTL and the ESET log.

Attachments

• 10042010_120127.log
    10.7 KB · Views: 1
  • OTL.Txt #2.txt
    64 KB · Views: 1
  • log.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back