Want to upgrade my current PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

EDIT: Now looking for Budget Gaming Desktop, not worth upgrading current PC.

Budget: $450-$750 USD
I have never bought anything online before.

Original Message
---------------------------
Here are my current specs:

MB: ASUS K8V SE Deluxe

CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
CPU Family: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ Model 4, Stepping 10
CPU Speed: 2002 MHz

Maximum Memory Capacity: 3072MB
Currently Installed Memory: 1GB DDR PC3200 (512MB x2)
Available Memory Slots: 1
Number of Banks: 3
Dual Channel Support: No

GPU: ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (Originally came with Nvidia GeForce 6800 GS 256MB;defected due to overheating)
GPU Memory: 128 MB
Memory Type: DDR SGRAM / SDRAM
Core Clock in MHz: 392 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz: 203 MHz

HDD: Western Digital 80GB
---------------------------------------------

Now what I want to do is upgrade my GPU, Processer, and memory. What is the best components for my current motherboard? My HD is fine, and I don't see the need to get a larger one since I don't play those games that require like 20GB just to install. Oh and if you need any more info to help me upgrade, please ask me to do so.

Your CPU will be a problem, since Socket 754 CPUs are a thing of the past now. Otherwise, for a good upgrade, you would get greater performance with another gig of RAM and a new video card (and PSU, if need be). I'd recommend an HD 3850 or an HD 3650 (whichever fits your budget), and an Antec Earthwatts PSU (any of them will do).

If possible, upgrade the entire system, since all the technology you're currently using is almost obsolete. If it's not, no problem, the upgrades above will give you a significant boost in performance as well.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. :)

Well, if most of my components is obsolete, I guess I can save more money for a new pc. What would you recommend? I like to set my games on maximum quality while still running at a decent fps.

My recommendations would be based on your budget, your country of residence and whether or not you'd be willing to buy online. I'd be happy to trace out a suitable build for you given all that information.

I live in the US. My current Budget is $400 USD (Can rise it probably up to around $750.) And I never bought anything online before, but I can give it a shot.

EDIT: I did some research on the internet, and I see that upgrading my current pc wouldn't be the best way to spend my money. The Budget gaming desktops is what I am now looking for.

This system looks good, but one question. I noticed that the mobo you selected for me was micro atx. I have a ATX Mid tower I want to reuse, but im not sure if the mobo will fit. If it does not fix, can you recommend me a case?

Thanks for your time and help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back