Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III launches on April 27th

Scorpus

Staff member

Real-time strategy fans will be eager for April to arrive, as Sega has announced that Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III will be released on April 27th exclusively for Windows PC.

Dawn of War III was first announced in May 2016 and was partially playable at E3 2016, although it has been in development for some time now. Its predecessor, Dawn of War II, was first released in 2009 and received expansion packs up until 2011, but fans of the series haven't had anything new to play since then.

Developed by Relic Entertainment, Dawn of War III is a typical overhead real-time strategy game that sees you take deploy and control units from three races: the Space Marines, Eldors, and Orks. Each race has special abilities, and its own class of large walker units that can inflict huge amounts of damage.

The intricacies of Dawn of War III are still being kept under wraps, so you'll just have to wait to play it on April 27th to see how the game has progressed over the last seven years.

Permalink to story.

It doesnt look like the DOW we've been hoping for :(

Yeah, every time new details emerge their detailing what else has been left out or was never really going to ship in the first place. I hope Relic aren't dumb enough to go down the EA/Activision road because the resentment created by false hype and greed directly correlates to the appeal of piracy.

I'm amazed that each time they release a new one, less and less playable races come into play... only 3? I want to play with all of them =P necros, tau, chaos marines, imperials, tyranides :(

I'm amazed that each time they release a new one, less and less playable races come into play... only 3? I want to play with all of them =P necros, tau, chaos marines, imperials, tyranides :(

It honestly looks like they focused all their attention on making it more like a MOBA style game where your champion or general is all that matters... I'll hold out on preordering until we actually see some footage. I just want the classic DOW back and not what they brought us with DOW2

It honestly looks like they focused all their attention on making it more like a MOBA style game where your champion or general is all that matters... I'll hold out on preordering until we actually see some footage. I just want the classic DOW back and not what they brought us with DOW2
I did like the DOW2 variant, Retribution I think rocked on it's own terms and I enjoy playing it with friends. The idea about a general that will lead your forces makes it more spicy, if played well it can turn a tight fight around and it's pretty fast paced making online games sweet and fun while not hitting the hour long games.

Love strategy games... Can't wait!!! Dawn of War 2 is one of my top 3 RTS games of all time!!

Dawn of war 2 was the best! Completely focused on strategy and the game totally reflected that. The most intense RTS out there IMHO.

Dawn of war 2 was the best! Completely focused on strategy and the game totally reflected that. The most intense RTS out there IMHO.

I liked the campaign, but I missed the base building that was in the original game. I've tried to get into Company of Heroes as well, but it just doesnt do it for me :(

Back