Watch Dogs PC performance issues finally fixed

Scorpus

Staff member

Ever since the launch of Watch Dogs in late May, PC gamers have had to suffer through mediocre performance in the flagship Ubisoft title, even on rigs with high-end graphics cards. Despite Ubisoft claiming it had improved performance, the patch they released in June did little to ease the pain.

Yesterday, more than two months after the game launched, Ubisoft released a patch through Uplay that actually addresses the performance problems on PC. Specifically, the stuttering gamers experienced on high-end systems when using textures other than Medium is now gone, according to many reports from those who've tried out the patch.

The team in charge of patching the game is still working to optimize performance, especially on Ultra texture settings. While Watch Dogs can be visually impressive (especially with this mod installed), it's clear that Ubisoft's first-generation Disrupt engine is not as polished as the company would like.

For many gamers who've already completed Watch Dogs, the patch comes too late. However, if you're still playing your way through the game, or gave up due to bad performance, fire up Uplay to have the patch automatically download and install.

With any luck, the next major Ubisoft title on PC - Assassin's Creed Unity - won't be as poorly optimized from day one.

Permalink to story.

Did Watch Dogs start out development on the consoles and then was cross-ported - for lack of a better term - to the PC? I would think that a company as a large as Ubisoft would be able to afford dedicated programmers for the PC version of the game.

So did they do what the modder did or did they just slide it to the other end of the desk and blatantly show a modder can do a better job then their whole team...

But the main flaw of the game is the " I hack everything with the Q button on my keyboard " .
I suggest uninstalling the game and getting one finger death punch. Pretend your enemies are the ubisoft team. Hours of fun.

But the main flaw of the game is the " I hack everything with the Q button on my keyboard " .
I suggest uninstalling the game and getting one finger death punch. Pretend your enemies are the ubisoft team. Hours of fun.

The game never explains how Aiden Pearce became able to hack things with his smartphone, did they?

Its a shame they didn't release Watch Dogs with its full potential.... at least they optimized the performance...

Its a shame they didn't release Watch Dogs with its full potential.... at least they optimized the performance...

"Atleast the modders can do a better job at fixing watch dogs at its full potential & optimized!!" there fixed it for ya :)

The game never explains how Aiden Pearce became able to hack things with his smartphone, did they?

They didn't say it outright but they made it pretty clear. CTOS mobile network has the information of everyone and a lot of computing power. A group hacked it and its facial recognition database so he just got in good with this group and uses his phone to access this data/power. Everything is hooked up to the smart-city-grid through CTOS so the back door he exploits via his phone can control things. The cellphone itself never does the hacking but for some reason everyone thinks that.

Many people have already lost interest in this game. It was overhyped, and as always, didn't deliver.

Stop going around saying they've fixed the blood in thing when they haven't .... High setting still stutter on occasion , and ultra is still an unplayable mess ... Please get real jernos in ... To at least test it . I7 4790k , 8GB 2666mhz , inno3d gtx 780ti dhs ( fastest out he box GPU in the world ) and I still can play it.

So Watchdogs was originally delayed in order to make it a smooth release as I recall. Which, wasn't smooth after all for PC users. And now they fix it? Typical.... it's sad that this is the gaming industry now. Well, I'll wait a little longer before I buy the game...

Glad I didn't bother with the game..

Getting real sick of E3 showcased games turning out to be nothing like their reveal footage and promises.

They can, but they would rather screw us over since we're just a small portion of their target market.

Sorry for jumping on this thread but I have been having a bit of a problem, since upgrading my pc I have been unable to install this game!! but its not because I am a half twit as I had this on my last system but here is the problem after installing it says

"this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. please install a program or, if one is already installed, create am association in the default programs control panel"

Even though it has created the game folder and copied all files, it is not showing it is installed in Programs And Features and it would be nice to be able to play this properly with the new patch & DLC's
my last rig was a 6yo intel quad core, 4gb kingston ram, GTX560ti 1024, sound blaster card all on a bog standard Biostar board(replacement for my asus mobo) now I have Asus M5 A97-R2.0, AMD FX8320 x8 Core Processor (Noctua NH-D15 Dual Radiator Quiet CPU Cooler with two NH-A15 Fans), 4x4gb Kingston Hyper Beast (Kingston HyperX Cooling Fans), Radeon R9 270x 4096mb, the sound blaster card (from old rig) 1x 2tb Toshiba HHD (formatted for movies, music, pictures) 1x 1tb Seagate Windows7 ultimate x64 ATI Rebuild by Team Rockers (650gb partitioned for games) 850w EZ Cool PSU al in a Coolmaster with 3 chassis fans keeping it all super cold and all my other games install fine and play with no problems even with graphic settings maxed out and yet still no joy with Watch Dogs!!!
I have tried every possible solution on the web but all solutions did not specifically relate to watch dogs

"With any luck, the next major Ubisoft title on PC - Assassin's Creed Unity - won't be as poorly optimized from day one".
UBISOFT: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.
Worst game company ever.

Back