WD Elements 1023 usd HD offline & Not Initialized

Hello
Hard Drive not Visible in My Computer I go to computer management

> Disk managements

9yjx.png

I don't know what can I do and when I right click on it and select any option some error message appear with The Media is write protected :/

WD Elements 1023 usd HD offline&Not Initialized

plz help me :'(

Hello Jitendra,

If you don't mind loosing the information you had on that drive you can try erasing it with WD DLG http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=I0gtez . Use the Full write zeros option. This will reset the drive back to factory settings. Hope that works for you.

hi, im facing the same problem mention above, I have tried both the WD software but issue didn't solve. it give me an error of to many bad sector. plz guide me on this.

" it give me an error of to many bad sector." Bad news. The drive will never be serviceable (aka usable + reliable).
In HD technology, sector 0 must absolutely be usable (for fat32 & ntfs file systems). These can not be remapped to other sectors can. Return it as a defect.

I am afraid that you will need to for a for hardware level servicing option, where the technician will attempt to replace various key components to get the drive functioning again.

Back