WD Passport SE external 1TB is not working

datofarid

hi.
ive been using this external hard disk for like 7 months already.
then i plugged it into the pc at my campus to save my assignments, then when i gt back home. it started to make this clicking of death sounds.
n when i tried to open it, it says "this drive need to be formatted etc"
i reformatted it n used the Getdata Recover My Files software to recover some important files. but now everytime i plug the hard drive, the light is switching on but it seems that my computer doesnt detect anything.
i can hear the hard drive spinning for a few seconds (also with the clicking) then it stopped.

**but sometimes if i plug it in all i can hear is the sping n the clicking but still not functioning.

Do a full format of the drive, If it isn't ntfs reformat it to ntfs. A quick format won't format the whole thing properly if you have a larger disk error. A full format could take anywhere up to 3 hours (my old laptop with a 60gb 5400rpm hdd took about 1.5 hours). After you do a format if it still doesn't work go into device management and uninstall your external hard drive. After you do this unplug it (don't just turn it off) restart your computer and plug it back in. This should fix any problems that you may have had with it. If that doesn't work you should probably hope your warranty is still in effect.

hey sorry for this late reply. was having exams.. erm sir but the problem is my computer cant detect the hdd. its like only the LED is blinking and i can still hear the disk spins, but cnt detect.

Back