Weekend Open Forum: What are your most anticipated game releases of 2015?

Justin Kahn

open forum

Now that we have turned the page on January it's time to get ready for the year’s early releases and the rest of 2015’s most anticipated launches. Personally, I am still interested in how The Order: 1886 holds up after it hits later this month and Metal Gear V: Phantom Pain is still my most anticipated title that will (hopefully) release this year. However, considering Kojima’s past, I’m not entirely sure it will make it, so it's The Witcher 3 that will hold my attention in the mean time.

The monster hunting mechanics and massive open world will surely impress and I plan on going back and playing more of the Witcher and Witcher 2 before Wild Hunt releases in May. So for this week's open forum we want to know what titles you are most excited for this year? Will The Witcher 3 be on your radar?

Permalink to story.

Well, I'd love to say GTA-5 but the way they keep shoving it back I'll be happy to see it come out in this decade!

I skipped a lot of gaming last year, the crew was my major anticipated game for 2014 and it was pushed into December so its still going to take up a lot of my time, also skipped a lot of BF4 in 2014 so I am going to keep adding some of that in every week. For 2015 really looking forward to GTA V finally on PC, fable legends and witcher 3 is prob all that's left on my list, but I have a butt load of games in my steam library to catch up on.

The Witcher 3 definitely!
Shadow Realms looks promising. Also Homefront: The revolution, Mirror's Edge 2 (would be great), Bloodborne (if it'd come to PC, but not as a lazy port).
And I'm really looking for Hunt: Horror of the Gilded Ages (but I'm worry for Crytek recently, I hope it didn't became a flop)

I'm getting old I guess. Nothing on the radar interests me. Anything monsters, medieval, or multiplayer just don't do it for me. I'm not into RPG or open world sandboxes. Right now the two games I play the most are old mission-driven single player games - C&C3: Kane's Wrath, and FreeSpace 2 (actually, FreeSpace Open, with lots of mods). I also enjoy replaying Bad Company 2.

I also have a fairly old rig, which may limit my choices as well. I have already passed on a few games already released, waiting on both price drops and the ability to purchase new hardware.

Most anticipated? The Division.

I am not so much eagerly awaiting a fantastic game as I am curious how long Ubi's struggles will continue. AC, Watchdogs, and The Crew all fell flat (or, in the case of AC, blew up). I would certainly like to see The Division end their blunder streak, as the concept is compelling, but I anticipate another unforced error. Time will tell.

Seriously? No one mentioned Battlefront? You'd think after the recent leak everyone would be talking about it...

None now that I have been royally burned with "Evolve." I don't understand how all the gaming news sites and magazines went ape over this during previews and E3. All we've been hearing for over a year is how this game will be a shoe-in for game of the year. Now that it's out and everyone has their hands on it, it's getting blasted by players (and some) critics. I can't believe I spent the money I did for what amounts to a reskinned tank battle from L4D2 (I stole that line from a friend, but he's right). And a poorly done one at that.

I've had enough of spending big bucks on games that don't come through. For the rest of this year, I'm just going to play through what I already have in my Steam catalog and see what shows up in the Christmas Steam sales before I shell out any more of my hard earned money.

None now that I have been royally burned with "Evolve." I don't understand how all the gaming news sites and magazines went ape over this during previews and E3. All we've been hearing for over a year is how this game will be a shoe-in for game of the year. Now that it's out and everyone has their hands on it, it's getting blasted by players (and some) critics. I can't believe I spent the money I did for what amounts to a reskinned tank battle from L4D2 (I stole that line from a friend, but he's right). And a poorly done one at that.

I haven't understood the flack Evolve has been receiving. I played in both pre-release tests and found it to be a well balanced and enjoyable game (when playing with a competent team and monster). Did something change between then and now?

I've had enough of spending big bucks on games that don't come through. For the rest of this year, I'm just going to play through what I already have in my Steam catalog and see what shows up in the Christmas Steam sales before I shell out any more of my hard earned money.

BF3 did that for me. It was fun, but not $110 worth. When I realized how much I had spent for the base game and all the DLC packs, just to have everyone abandon ship as soon as BF4 was out, I decided I was done paying a lot for games, and swore off FPS that are primarily multiplayer. I usually won't even look at a game now until it drops below $20, and I have plenty of unplayed games due to Steam sales and Humble Bundle purchases. When Elite: Dangerous and Wolfenstein: The New Order drop below $20, I may consider them, although that get back to the issue of needing about $400 worth of CPU, mobo, and RAM upgrades.

Iv been in the mood for the nintendo franchise lately. I'm probably going to buy a wii u and try out all the new marios, zelda and super smash bros games. Oh yeah and the new punch out game for wii u!

Iv been in the mood for the nintendo franchise lately. I'm probably going to buy a wii u and try out all the new marios, zelda and super smash bros games. Oh yeah and the new punch out game for wii u!

How does Pokemon and Monster Hunter not make your list?

Nevermind. I misread that the first time.

Back