Weekend tech reading: SOPA hearing resumes next week, not in 2012

Matthew

Congress to resume SOPA hearings next week The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will continue its hearing on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) on Wednesday, not until after…

Read the whole story

dividebyzero

HD 7970 should end up about 30 percent faster than the HD 6970..[ ]..This should put the HD 7970 somewhere around Radeon HD 6990
The 6990 is 30% faster than 6970 ? Whatever Fud, whatever.

One year HDD warranty ?
Instilling confidence, Seagate ?

/you're doing it wrong.

ramonsterns

People with 6 digit paychecks want me to lose my internet freedom so they can keep their pockets filled with money?

Gee, let me think abou- NO.

Piracy barely makes an impact on anything, and even if it did it's still wouldn't be reason enough to have the entire internet censored because some lobbyist prick said it should be.

slh28

dividebyzero said:
HD 7970 should end up about 30 percent faster than the HD 6970..[ ]..This should put the HD 7970 somewhere around Radeon HD 6990
The 6990 is 30% faster than 6970 ? Whatever Fud, whatever.
Yeah that makes no sense. But if it really is only 30% faster than a 6970 it's not very impressive and probably won't be good value.

Lurker101

Why would WD do that? All lowering the warranty period does is throw up uncertainty about the build quality of new Blue and Green drives. I know I'll definitely be thinking twice if I need to buy a new HDD from WD.

Burty117

Lurker101 said:
Why would WD do that? All lowering the warranty period does is throw up uncertainty about the build quality of new Blue and Green drives. I know I'll definitely be thinking twice if I need to buy a new HDD from WD.
Then if you follow DBZ's link you'll find Seagate have done the same but cut it by 2 years! so you only get 1 year warrenty?!

G

Guess who owns our 'you can't buy my vote' Congress? It's a done one deal ... move on.

Lurker101

burty117 said:
Lurker101 said:
Then if you follow DBZ's link you'll find Seagate have done the same but cut it by 2 years! so you only get 1 year warrenty?!
Seagates quality went down the toilet once they hit the 1TB mark. I haven't touched a Seagate HDD since then.