Weird BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I keep getting a no page fault error and a bad pool caller error. lately this has been confined to the no page fault error. I have gone through the diagnostics of testing and removing/switching memory, updated video and other drivers, hard drive chks, memtest, etc. i can find nothing wrong from a hard ware side. Can someone look at the attached dumps and lend some insight? Thanks in advance! the latest is the no page fault; the jpg is the bad pool caller.

Judging from what you have said and done, you may know all this already...

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:
  • If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.
  • Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

Unfortunately the minidump does not point to the faulting driver.
So we are stuck with the generalizations of the text above.

I hate to see you do that.
Was this the only minidump you had? If you have more, you can zip up to 5 in a zip file...
make the the most recent ones, and exclude the one you aleady attached.

Do you know how to use event viewer?
If not, and no more minidumps, then my next post I will try to help you get information in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back