Weird Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenateKT

Im having a problem with my windows XP pro computer. When I try to surf the web I can only access certain pages. I can get to google and yahoo and most search engines, when I perform a search the results show up but when I click any links I redirects me to random advertisement search engines. I cannot get to windows update or trendmicro ether it simply tells me it cannot be displayed and to check my internet connection. I have tried running several anti-virus and malware programs with no success. I have also run Hijack this and posted it on several different sites and fixed all problems suggested to me. No success, I am really getting frustrated with this and have been working on it for 8+ hours now. Can someone please help me!

Hey SenateKT.
First of all, do you have any kind of firewall turned on? Start by trying to turn it off, or looking under exceptions to see if the firewall is blocking your browser.
If that doesn't work try going to your browser and select settings/options/tools (whatever, depending on the browser) and try to see if the filter has any sites blocked.
If that does not work either, try installing spyware-doctor and ad-ware and running a scan with them.

I hope this has helped you,

Best Regards, Fred

You are describing some classic symptoms of a malware infection:
click any links I redirects me to random advertisement search engines/cannot get to windows update or trendmicro ether it simply tells me it cannot be displayed and to check my internet connection/I have tried running several anti-virus and malware programs with no success.

You do not tell us what happens when you try to run security programs, but malware can cause this. I suggest you go to the following and go through the malware cleaning process. Switch over to the Security Forum, nd begin a new thread- run the programs, step by step and attach the logs. Someone will help you.

New malware cleaning instructions from TechSpot:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html

Instead of continuing the frustration of getting nowhere, give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back