What 10" tablet for my missus?

Sarmad

Hi,

My wife is pestering me to buy her a 10" tablet, which she'll use for surfing, watching videos, etc, and I wondered if anyone can please help me decide a good one for her. I never really delved into tablets before, myself being more of a desktop PC person. I decided to get her something Android based because it iPad seems to have its limitations.

What should I look out for when choosing a tablet? What version of Android, processor, CPU, RAM, storage capacity and screen resolution should I be looking for, do they all take SD cards or a means of data transfer, etc. She also wants the option to attach a keyboard to it. With regard to internal storage, I heard it's partitioned on some models so apps can only be installed in one partition and the other is for photos, documents, videos, media, etc; what minimum partiton size should we be looking at for installing apps nowadays. Can anyone recommend any models we should be considering?

Thanks.

To make this simple. What Operating System you have on your PC or your wife PC. Should stick to what you have so you already know how to use it on the tablet.

Windows Users get Windows tablet
Surface RT, Pro, 2nd Gen (remember these cost more)
DELL has one for $299 8-inch. You wanted a 10-inch.

Now some Windows users have Android tablets because at the time there was much of choice even though Windows XP Tablet and Windows 7 Tablet options where available. Android tablets were used more.

If your both are on MAC apple get the iPAD 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. They do have 7-inch again 4:3 ratio tablet.

I have one Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit dual core 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. I use the touch pen with mine it's the same one for the iPad. Surface tablets uses digitize pen with 2 AAA batters inside.

Back