What are people's views on the Phenom II X6 1055T?

Hello everyone

I am intending to buy a Phenom II X6 1055T for my new system. I was originally intending to go for the Core i3 530 clocked at 2.93Ghz, but because the 1055T system would work out to be less than £100 more I am now considering going for it.

What I would like to know is whether I am missing something by thinking that the 1055T is the high end processor from AMD performing at a similar level of a Core i7 but priced almost the same as a mid range Intel processor (for example a Core i5 processor)

Any advice will be appreciated

Khurram

I am putting together my new system together as we speak with the x6 1055T and the Asus Crosshair IV Formula. Here is a review using those two components. Check out the performance levels of the 1095T at 4.1Ghz. the 1095T and the 1055T are the same thing just different stock speed., and both OC to the same speed (4.0-4.2) on air. I don't know if you intend to OC or not, but that's what i am going to run it at.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-crosshair-iv-formula-review/

**** the 980X on the chart is intels 6-core...its also $1000.00****

I really think that the average Core i3-530 would OC to 4Ghz on air, so why don't we compare apples to apples.

I really think that the average Core i3-530 would OC to 4Ghz on air, so why don't we compare apples to apples.

I'm sure it would, probably higher, but what do you mean by apples to apples? apples$$, apples number of cores?, or apples performance? I didn't intend to compare anything. i just linked to a review showing the performance. I think his/her criteria was he could get an x6 system that is $100 more than a i3 530 system, in which case the x6 beats the hell out of the i530.... as it should.

Well OK, I stand corrected. Let's compare apples with apples priced 150 dollars higher.

I read an interesting little piece in PC world. It said an i540 beats an i750 in certain series of benchmarks. So, I suppose it's all in where you decide to lay your faith, belief, opinion or perceived need.

Although I do suppose there will be 6 core games any day now.......any day.

With all of that said, Intel always lists a thousand dollar CPU, I think they're for people stupid enough to pay it. and they're not that much better than their own mid-line CPUs, let alone AMD's offerings

Well OK, I stand corrected. Let's compare apples with apples priced 150 dollars higher.

I read an interesting little piece in PC world. It said an i540 beats an i750 in certain series of benchmarks. So, I suppose it's all in where you decide to lay your faith, belief, opinion or perceived need.

Although I do suppose there will be 6 core games any day now.......any day.

Not only that, but unless you just want to have a 6-core to have it, or actually make use of 4+ cores, its pretty much throwing $100 to the wind.

Not only that, but unless you just want to have a 6-core to have it, or actually make use of 4+ cores, its pretty much throwing $100 to the wind.

That's the spirit, I'm all about truth in advertising, "I just f"**ing want one"! God, that was cathartic....:rolleyes:

Incidentally, nothing I enjoy more than a question phrased as a foregone conclusion;
What I would like to know is whether I am missing something by thinking that the 1055T is the high end processor from AMD performing at a similar level of a Core i7 but priced almost the same as a mid range Intel processor (for example a Core i5 processor)
:haha:

That's the spirit, I'm all about truth in advertising, "I just f"**ing want one"! God, that was cathartic....:rolleyes:

:p....that was only part of the reason I got one!

now then....
i actually found a benchmark that i530 beats the x6. The memory read/write

If this was strickly for gaming I'd say either would do, but if he wishes to multitask like lemming walking through his pc amd is probably the way to go in his case.

At this point in the pc industry who cares about the cpu, gimme cheaper video cards with competitive prices. Oh wait...

heeyyyy...nice hardware!

And I prithee tell me, what was the other part? Wait....it's coming to me, "I simply have to have it, I'll die if I don't".....!

The x6 case sticker!

on a non-imputent note, I will actually make use of it. I tweak and bench more than I play games. I just like hardware. ( insert your off color joke here Cap):p:wave:

The x6 case sticker!
OK look, couldn't this be something like the old "Moon Eyes" sticker, where everybody had the decal, but nobody bought the hubcaps...? Did I ever tell you that Frank Zappa had an album entitled, "Lick My Decals"!
I just like hardware. ( insert your off color joke here Cap>>>
"I especially like to dress up in frog fins and one of the little headlights that miners wear".
):p:wave:
Done....!

I tweak and bench more than I play games
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the very definition of buying something just to have it.....?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the very definition of buying something just to have it.....?

I'd say so, but maybe that's what makes us enthusiasts, oh wait, benching can be fun, followed by the thought that your purchase could/could not be worth the money you spent. But isnt that the point?

Why I haven't been this insulted since my imaginary friend ditched me when I was 6!

I'd say so, but maybe that's what makes us enthusiasts, oh wait, benching can be fun, followed by the thought that your purchase could/could not be worth the money you spent. But isnt that the point?

What super said :p

So basically it's like "Jeopardy" and "Truth or Consequences" rolled into one. Please phrase your answer in the form of an argument.....:rolleyes:

Like this; "so that's fun, sitting there watching your computer run "Prime" for a few hours"? Myself, I prefer staring at my own reflection in the Microwave. :p

What super said :p
Dude, small "p" :p
Why I haven't been this insulted since my imaginary friend ditched me when I was 6!
Just when I thought I couldn't do anything right. :haha: :wave:

So basically it's like "Jeopardy" and "Truth or Consequences" rolled into one. Please phrase your answer in the form of an argument.....:rolleyes:

Like this; "so that's fun, sitting there watching your computer run "Prime" for a few hours"? Myself, I prefer staring at my own reflection in the Microwave. :p

Dude, small "p" :p
Just when I thought I couldn't do anything right. :haha: :wave:

Well, prime95 for stressing, not so much benching although it does in fact do calculations. I prefer intel burn test. I hope we can get back to basics. This guy is gonna be p o'd at this thread, and lost. lol.

This guy is gonna be p o'd at this thread, and lost. lol.
Yup, I'd be p.o.'ed too if I posted some obvious flamebait (para 2) and all I got in return was a classic farce in four acts, when everyone knows an AMD v. Intel comparison is worthy of the full scorched earth treatment.
Oops, forgot the smileys! :rolleyes::suspiciou:haha:

Verily I say Unto Thee.......

I enjoy watching courtroom drama on TV. At one point a lawyer will stand up and say, quite emphatically, "I object, the attorney for the defense is testifying", or perhaps, "I object, is there a question in there somewhere"?

Our OP has asked and answered his own question. Now all that is necessary is for somebody to agree with him.

So, I guess the best possible answer here is, "no, you haven't missed anything, you're absolutely right"!

To which I would add as an aside, it's your 100 pounds, spend it as you see fit.

And we're right back on topic.

Or Was That a Mercury I'm Thinking of....?

In a few months this thread starter is going to sound like a 1960 debate over whether the Edsel Ranger is better than the Studebaker Lark VIII.
Well, I liked the Edsel Ranger better. I think it was the Mickey Mouse crap a** push button shifter in the middle of the steering wheel that rocked my little self involved juvenile delinquent's world.

Indeed, "there's no stopping an idea whose time has come". The "teletouch" should be updated with text messaging capability. My vote for a new moniker is the "iCrash". :rolleyes:

Back