What is this blemish at the bottom of my monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

RIght I've spent 5 hours searching this issue on the net but I can find nothing that matches my problem, so I'm hoping you guys can perhaps help me out with this :haha:

I recently purchased a monitor off of eBay which arrived yesterday. It works great and I love it. At the bottom of the screen, there is a white mark however:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc193/Zegadade/18082009159.jpg

The picture is a little inaccurate, as in reality, it's more of a "fog" than a mark. For example, if I mouse under it, I can still see the mouse, it's just covered in a white cloud, which I guess also rules out the chance of it being a dead or stuck pixel issue. Another way to describe it would be to compare it to the effect you get on an LCD when you press on it slightly with your finger - it's the same white effect that that gives pretty much, only it's permenantly on screen (only when the monitor is turned on though). I have the computer connected through the DVI port and my Xbox connected through the VGA port of the monitor. This issue is present on both of them, which rules out a cable problem - it is deffinately the monitor.

I'm not sure how easy getting a refund or replacement would be. The monitor is second hand, but as new according to the seller. The seller also used pictures of the actual item, and on those pictures, the mark isn't present, meaning this damage was done during postal transit. I've been told that marks like this can sometimes spread depending on their type. It is only if this is more or less guaranteed to happen that I want to go through the hassle of replacement/returns. In fact this is the only reason I'm asking this question - the mark dosn't bother me at all, I just need to know if it will spread or not, as if it is going to, I obviously want to get it sorted out.

The auction page is here by the way, in case anyone is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AOC-GERMAN-N2...tors?hash=item3ca4c09f03&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks for any help you guys can lend :) .

According to the listing on ebay, you have 7 days to return it.
That's all I would do since finding another to replace it at that cost won't be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back