What is wrong with my TV?

I'm using a 40 inch Bravia LED as both monitor & TV ....Recently it started showing these blue shades & won't go away...What's wrong with it?

25i2q95.jpg

I think your t.v color display tube having some problem. So, I would recommend leave it switch-off some time, sometimes Because of high/ low voltage t.v's color display tube get effects and by this screen not display properly. If your problem resolve please tell me know also. :)

I think your t.v color display tube having some problem. So, I would recommend leave it switch-off some time, sometimes Because of high/ low voltage t.v's color display tube get effects and by this screen not display properly. If your problem resolve please tell me know also. :)

This is like my 3rd Bravia TV & none lasted more than a year. :D ... I took the tv to the Sony Service Center yesterday....They said the LCD Panel is screwed.... The cost of fixing that is equal to buying a new tv.... Can you suggest any particular brand that'll last longer than Sony? Thanks in advance...

Actually, the truth of the matter is, it's likely not, "gaining blue", more likely it's "losing red and green".

If this were a CRT set, I could tell you that most likely, the picture tube's three color "guns" were deteriorating at different rates.

With a TFT display, these are just guesses. The CCFL backlight is about to take a dump? The red & green driver circuits are faulty? The panel itself is faulty?

In any case, it is going to the shop, or getting replaced.

Because, as it plainly states on the back, "no user serviceable components inside".

However, I have heard that some sets fall prey to issues with faulty, cheap, electrolytic capacitors. You can examine the board for any that are burned or have fizzed their guts out of the cans.

Caution, that will void the warranty, which I tend to doubt is still in force anyway.

This is like my 3rd Bravia TV & none lasted more than a year. :D ... I took the tv to the Sony Service Center yesterday....They said the LCD Panel is screwed.... The cost of fixing that is equal to buying a new tv.... Can you suggest any particular brand that'll last longer than Sony? Thanks in advance...

Well, Reyan, you should first consider if there are any usage or environmental issues that these sets have faced. Since if there are, any other brands would likely fall prey to them as well. Is the TV on a surge protector? After all, it's a computer too, so it should have one. Is it on 24/7? Do you live in extreme climatic conditions?

I have a cheap a** 40" "Proscan" about 4 years old. It came with one dead pixel, it still has one dead pixel. The color is spectacular though. I refuse to turn a TV on before about 6:00 PM and I live alone. (So probably no extended usage issues).

Many people claim Sony's product isn't what it used to be. One thing is certain,it's still overpriced.

I have two LG. Which both are still going strong. Had one for 6 years and the other is going on the forth year.

Hey Reyan. I would have an qualified electrician check your wiring, (especially the tv outlet) for proper polarity and voltages first before anything else if not already done. Everyone has their favorites, and I see beautiful pictures with a number of different brands, but since the early 90's, I've been sold on Panasonic, and the 2 HD Viera sets I've bought in the past 6 years ( and the great sounding 27" tube model from '92) don't give me any problems and all have beautiful vivid pictures.

Back