What to do with old computer parts?

xcylent

well I recently found a poor little computer sitting on the side of the road. being the person I am, I decided to take the little guy home and give him another chance at life.
So I added some of my other old parts I had lying around, in vain hope to give the poor old guy some life support.
thing is, I quickly got bored with the terrible components and have since come to the conclusion to put the damn thing out of it's misery.

here is my question to you though.

What can I do with these old crappy parts?

just in case it matters, here are the specs:

CPU: intel centrino 2GHz Dual Core
RAM: 2gb (2x1gb) DDR2
MoBo: some crappy M-ATX
Graphics card: GTX 250
PSU: 320W
ODD: generic lightscribe
HDD: 160GB WD Caviar Blue.
Case: was in no condition to even have in my room. threw it away.

Thanks for any replies guys :D

Ya know I would use it for a backup server, stick somethin like Ubuntu Server on it and have your other computers back up to it, the old computer has plenty of processing power for that.

Its What I did and it works just fine

I have something similar to that sat right here on my desk bringing me to the world of Techspot...*sigh* :D

LOL I have had a bunch of problems with mine as well, that is until I set it up with fedora (non-server os) and then just used SAMBA for backups

thing is guys, I'd rather not use this build for anything useful. perhaps I'll just mess around with overclocking until something starts burning.

For those in the US, all Best Buy stores take and recycle all old computer/electronics parts for free whether you bought them there or not. But I see you're in Australia? I did a bit of googling

See http://recyclingnearyou.com.au/computers/hornsbynsw which includes some drop sites if you're in New South Wales and reference to a national plan starting this month, May 2012! Also Dell will recycle their own products in AU and NZ for free and say they charge a small fee if not Dell parts see HERE

loving the suggestions guys :D
right now it's actually sitting right next to my laptop where I spend most of my time. since its winter here, the parts work as a heater!
although a fairly noisy heater at that.

Back