What type of slot are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am not very computer literate and don't know the difference between AGP and PCI slots.

I would like to upgrade my video card but I need to know what kind of slots my motherboard supports. I have attached a photo and hope some one can tell me what I have.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• P9161854.jpg
    P9161854.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 13
Wow, you guys are fast...I was just getting ready to edit my post (got distracted for a couple of minutes but by the time I got back...bam). But yeah, that boards chipset / video slot is pcie.

Thank you for the help I really appreciate it.

Does this mean that the games that I use will have to be the older less complicated ones?

What caused my question was that I noticed that when I tried to play a game (Splinter Cell, chaos theory) the game seemed to be playing in slow motion. The original Splinter Cell worked fine and I wanted to use a later version and bought Chaos theory. I was very dissappointed with the experience and wanted to upgrade the card. I am now using a NVIDEA GEforce 1650le. Can someone suggest a card upgrade, or am I stuck with this one.

Thanks again

Your board is new enough that it can support current generation cards. Look at the GeForce 8000 series for a low-cost card that will perform well. If your PSU can handle it, the 8800 GT is an awesome card for the money and will play just about any game on the market today.

Pick a Card, Any Card........

Dear nu2this; If gaming is your wish, then I would suggest you purchase a video card in the range of the 8600GT at minimum.

The 74 & 7500 series cards are really better for adding a second monitor or driving a flat panel TV in High-def. A developing gamer might find them lacking sufficient frame rates in newer games.

If you can afford an 8800GT you should go for it, otherwise here's an EVGA 8600GT; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130085

It's fifty bucks if you don't mind wait for the $30.00 MIR. My personal experience is that EVGA is good with paying their MIRs.

Your board is new enough that it can support current generation cards. Look at the GeForce 8000 series for a low-cost card that will perform well. If your PSU can handle it, the 8800 GT is an awesome card for the money and will play just about any game on the market today.

Sorry but I don't know what PSU stands for:eek:.

Also, in looking at some of the specs, it says a 400 watt power supply is required. How does one find out the type of power suppy they have?

Again,--------------Thanks everyone for your patience and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back