What Will You Be Typing On In The Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Well, it could be Frogpad, a one handed keyboard. I like the idea already...

"The FrogPad is one of a small number of alternative input devices that retrofit keyboards for a world on the go. The 20-key gadget is about the size and shape of a hand. Soon it will come with a clamshell case that will let people plug in a smart phone and use the whole kit like a mini laptop."

This is really the sort of thing we need. I like the idea of being able to just hold something in each hand. A sort of mouse type thing in one, and something like (but not quite like) the Frogpad as well. Its a nice idea.

I bet you can't type as fast with one hand as two, but it would be very cool to use the keyboard and mouse at the same time.

I can't think of much purpose (aside from gaming), but interesting nonetheless.

Then if it is small in size.. That's kind of nice too. :)

I make enough mistakes typing as it is. Well, bad typing and bad spelling anyway. I'll lean a new way of typing when I have to, or if there are serious benefits.

I'll stick to my keyboard until the touch screen ones in Minority Report come out ty very much...

Besides, this keyboard would rule out MMORPG's... too few keys

I'm more interested in using my brain waves to control monkeys.

Then my evil plans to take over the world would be complete.

Originally posted by aoj145
I'm more interested in using my brain waves to control monkeys.

Then my evil plans to take over the world would be complete.

Join the club... oh wait, you're a techspot member already ;)

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Sod the monkeys. I want to be able to control people with my mind. Then, I will become dark Emperor.

You think you're THE Darth Vader don't you... hehehe... can I work on the death star, sir?

So.... They're pretty much saying that it's going to be the size of a laptop keyboard?!? Ehh, my hand barely fits on them. I would never be able to switch, I'm used to this one! I like the Brain Wave Idea.... That would be cool. But wouldn't it be hard? Since you know, theirs so much stuff going on in our minds?

standard key board for me. I cant imagine using something like a mouse all the time, my hand gets tired from right clicking all the time as it is. :)

I don't think they will ever come up with a device that will come close to the words per minute of a keyboard that doesnt require hours of practice. If we see a device it will be one like the frog pad that is intended for portable devices or phones and catches on with all the sore-thumbed IM people and then makes the jump to the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back