What's best: install XP Pro over Vista or dual boot?

barstant

Hello please can someone advise me what to do, i have just bought this newish
ACER ASPIRE laptop with windows vista with no warranty so no problem removing vista if needed to, i also have wireless bluetooth dongle for transfering music and pictures to my phone also a printer and also a webcam, the thing is windows vista will not let me install any of these devices even though i have all the drivers on disc, so i searched online for any updated drivers without success.
I had windows xp pro on my other laptop and still have the disc with product key for it, and all these devices worked ok on them,also i prefer windows xp so i want to know is it better to format the drive and remove vista and the put in the windows xp pro disc, or as i read on the internet have a dual boot with vista and xp pro (have to google it though as i dont know how to do a dual boot) also if i remove vista will my built in wireless connectivity device stiil work with xp pro or do i have to find drivers for that or are they built in the machine(something tells me someone is going to tell me they are not)
Hope i have explained everything ok as i lack the knowledge to explain any better
please remember if you reply i have very limited knowledge of computers but probably could follow detailed instructions if i needed to regarding formating the drive.
I only use the laptop for EBAY and E-MAILS and browsing the internet, dont play or download films if this helps
THANKS BARRY

I HAVE INCLUDED THE SPECS JUST IN CASE IT MAY BE RELATIVE

ACER ASPIRE 5735Z
4GB RAM
INTEL (R) PENTIUM (R) DUAL CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz 2.17GHz
32 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM
WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC
SERVICE PACK 2

can no one answer any of my questions please, as windows vista still wont let me install my printer software disc or webcam software disc also bluetooth dongle software,
THANKS BARRY

Don't know about vista, but a virtual machine has limited driver options.

Probably, the only way you can use the xp drivers is in dual boot.

First create a separate partition for XP.

Preferably create another partition for data you will be using with XP.

If you can deal with trouble, as installing XP after Vista tends to do, dual booting may be a good option. If you can't or don't want to deal with trouble, install XP over Vista. This will erase everything! Backup when doing any of them.

Back