What's the best video card my PC can handle?

id10t4tw

As the title says.... My old nvidia 8500gt is messed up with bad video ram and i need a new one. What I'm needing help with is that I do not know what my pc can handle.
I have a PCIe slot and a 700w Raidmax PSU 20A/12V, 2.4 ghz dual core intel pentium cpu, and 4g ddr2 corsair xtreme ram, running on windows vista 32 bit. Also I'm looking to spend around $50-$130 but would also like to know what is the best i can handle if it's over that price range.

What resolution are you running? It would help to know so that we can make a better recommendation.

I'm not sure what your motherboard is... but lol not so funny story, my 6870 only boots once every 10 times... make SURE that your board is compatible with whatever card you decide to get. From what I read there is serious conflict between nVidia GeForce Graphics (Onboard Graphics) and AMD graphics cards, particularly the newer ones (5xxx, 6xxx)

Also, 700w is much more than you need, probably could support crossfirex those 5770s if your motherboard had another slot.

Not a bad deal, but just for reference I saw a 5830 for about $103 couple weeks ago.

As for the best card you could handle...

Motherboard issues aside, you could handle any single gpu on the market with your 700w psu.

Have fun, geek shopping is awesome!

unfortunately i went cheap buying the motherboard 4 years ago and got a combo with the processor but the mother board is a ECS mcp73pvt-sm if that helps and no onboard graphics.

Looked up some 5830's and 5850's but all seem to be a bit out of the budget range.

Looking for a decent upgrade/quick fix while i save up for a beast of a machine.

Back