Where did my Windows Task Manager go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey uhh for some reason now when i click cntl-alt-delete nothing happens. Ive tried rebooting my computer and i get a wierd message that uqdcunvt.dll isnt there anymore, but now matter how hard i try i cannot find how to get it back. And my manager is still gone. Help Please!

Or perhaps is there some harder way to get the Task Manager running?

Daveskater said:
try pressing ctrl + shift + esc and see if it comes up, that's just an alternate way to bring it up

nope just tried that it didnt work either
it seems like my task manager is just... gone

That dll doesn't Google - I suspect you have a bad bug.

pm momok for Security help and await his response.

:)

i can't find anything anywhere on that dll unless you spelt it incorrectly so i'd suggest pm'ing momok as well.

Hi,

I believe your system has been infected with malware.
Before you do anything,

Very Important: Malware infections can possibly lead to identity theft, loss of funds from bank accounts, misuse of credit card information etc. Therefore I strongly encourage you to please read this thread HERE before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please open a new thread in our Security and the web forum and post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)#Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back