Where to insert a block of text into an HTML code?

Daniel Burkus

Hello! I have a problem that I hope someone here will be able to help me with -- though I found nothing even remotely similar in a search of this site's archived posts, so I am not sure if this is the right place to ask.

I have a Tumblr blog which I use to publish my scholarly translations (not the best place, I admit, but after 5 years it is really too late to change it now). Usually each translation of a document (many were actually books) stretches across several to many posts. I have the URLs for the first post of every series, and only recently discovered that that is pretty useless, since the person is not able to navigate to the next post in the set easily. I have noticed that many other Tumblr blogs, when you access one post, have a button or arrow that allows the reader to go to the next (or previous) post (and I always assumed that my blog worked the same way). I found a block of code on line that is supposed to create this kind of functionality. However, the problem is precisely where in the HTML code this should be inserted. Unfortunately the person who posted the code indicated (in their post) that there are several different places where the code could be inserted -- without giving any examples.

I have been living in South Korea for many years, and first encountered computers and the internet while over here. That means that I really know nothing about anything, and certainly not about editing HTML code. It has recently become necessary that I create this functionality in my blog. Since a search of the internet failed to provide me with actionable specifics, I decided to turn to Techspot Forum in the hopes that someone will be kind enough to help me. I will post the HTML code for my blog, and the block of code that needs to be inserted, if someone is able and willing to help me. (I did write to Tumblr support, and was basically given no answer at all -- which seems to be typical since Yahoo took the site over.)

Thank you all for your time, and patience. Please have a good weekend, all.

-- Daniel M. Burkus

Last edited:
Back