Which are the suitable Graphic cards?

Navin Talati

For following combinations, please suggest most appropriate Graphic Cards.

1. Ryzen 5 2600 with Asus ROG Strix B450-F gaming motherboard

AND

2. Ryzen 7 2700 with Asus ROG Strix B450-F gaming motherboard

Regards to all members.
Navin Talati /23-10-2020

It really has more to do with the resolution you want to game in. The majority are gaming at 1920 x 1080 and the higher the refresh rate you go, the more graphics card you need. You will really start to notice a difference at 144hz refresh rates and up. For that type of gaming you really shouldn't go any lower than the GTX 1660 Super but I would recommend the RTX 2060 Super (The AMD 5700 & 5700XT is also a popular choice, I'm just not a fan). The RTX 2060 Super is a little pricey for what you get.

The sweet spot for today's gamer is a 2560 x 1440 at higher resolutions (144Hz and higher) and the card for that is the RTX 2070 Super or RTX 2080 Super.

Now...having said all that we are in the midst of new cards from Nvidia but 'Out of Stock' everywhere (RTX 3080). For direct comparison every model I mentioned will eventually see a large upgrade without an increase and price and a 30% bump in performance. I hate to say wait but waiting is all you can do if you want the best choice. To add more crazy to the situation AMD is launching Big Navi very soon and the leaks suggest they really have something this time.

Such a good time to be a gamer! =)

Back