Who rules sound quality these days?

Tank

The current sound card I have, is still my old Audigy 2 ZS. It is coupled to a pair of Logitech Z-5500's.

The sound that comes out of this setup is extremely good for what it is in my opinion. I am building a new PC shortly, and I am just wondering, is creative still at the top for sound quality with there cards these days?

My main use is probably 80% music, and the other 20% being gaming/movies. I want the highest sound quality possible, even if I have to spend $200 on a sound card, I am willing. When your an audiophile, you can't stand cheap sound.

check out a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, that will work the best for what you are doing, but thats only half because the actual sound system can make a difference in sound quality.

Creative, HT | OMEGA and ASUS Xonar, as well as Auzentech and M-Audio are the top names in the business. The ASUS Sonar DX and HT | OMEGA Claro+ are especially superb.

What dbz and Rage said: HT Omega. Great builds, excellent customer service and they even have drivers for Windows 7 64 but I do believe you have to download them from their site. Asus' offerings are very nice and I know a number of people that really like the Xonar line. I personally have M-Audio but driver support can be a real issue as attested by their forums.

Back