• NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is the World Series?

• What is the All-Star game?

• Total voters

somekid007

so as alot of people know, the winner (American) of the MLB All-Star game gets home field advantage in the World Series. This was done after a disastrous All Star game last year that ended with a 7-7 11th inning draw. To lure viewers back to the All-Star game at US Cellular Field in Chicago (the AL side of the city), commisioner Bug Selig decided to put home field advantage on the line. Supposedly, the National League was to get home field advantage this year (the priviledge alternates each year). However, because of Hank Blalock's 2-run blast in the bottom of the 8th inning, the AL was awarded home field advantage for the second year in the row. Next year, the All-Star game will be held in Houston, home of the NL Houston Astros ( formerly Enron Stadium). So how about giving the AL a chance to take away the NL's home field advantage in next year's All-Star game by putting it on the line at the World Series? That would surely bring more competition to the already competitve, nerve racking, I'm-better-than-you World Series. And it will surely draw more viewers to both the World Series and the All-Star game so how about? Lets hear what you have to say.

I didn't vote in your poll cause I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you wanting the winner of the world series to have home field advantage at the all star game?
If thats the case well then I don't know what to say, the all star game is AL vs NL, world series is the best team from each league vs each other, so its representative of the teams not the league really. So no I don't think the winner of the world series shoudl get home field at all star game, but even if they did I don't seeing it be an advantage hardly at all. The world series is up to 7 games, rather than just one. Even the worst team in MLB can beat the best occationally, 7 games is a much better representation than 1.

Back