Why is my screen going blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,I've recently join these forums to seek aid in seeing whats wrong with my computer. And to be honest i'm no expert at this stuff so help me out. you see whenever I turn on my computer its all normal start up and all that untill it goes to the desktop screen, it's completely blank. I can hear the starting up noises and just yesterday I've installed a new graphic driver (RADEON HD 4670) and it worked for the first day, then the next day I turn my computer on it comes up with this 'blank screen', And I really wanna avoid re-formating. can anyone help me?

firstly remove the graphcis card that you installed if this is what is causeing the problem.
secondly did you check the specifications on your PC to ensure that the card was compatible?

If the PC loads up fine with the new card removed then click on your desktop and press the WINDOWS+BREAK key together. you should come up with some system information that will show you your CPU details, you OS details as well as your RAM details.

If you wanted you could also open up your case and take a look at your PSU or Power Supply Unit. there should be a sticker on there which will give you your Wattage. once this is done post it back here and we can think again

hope this helps you

the onboard slot is found on the back of your motherboard. It will be a blue port so you cant miss it lol and its the only one your Monitor will fit in ;) to be honest your PSu does not sound powerful enough you really need a 400W PSU though the best would eb a 500W one.

Any good PC shop will sell one to you and fit it with little cost though you should be able to fit it yourself as it is easy enough

hope this helps ya

If the card work the other day just fine, but don't work now, i don't believe its his PSU. 276 should be just fine for a card that requires 400.
I said it should be , because i plan to buy the same ard and use 350 for it. However, just to be on the safe side its up to you and all, maybe you might want to look to get a newer one say 350 or 400. But in my honest opinion, i don't believe the PSU is the issue.

His monitor may be dying, how long did you have your monitor?

Btw did you disable your onboard video in bios or device mananger.

And btw, what is our full specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back