Why would Windows 32-bit work fine but 64-bit give BSOD?

I been working on a friends Dell 1546 64bit AMD laptop.
It crashes on Fresh installs of 64bit but works fine on 32bit what would cause this?
I have updated his AMD chipset drivers,updated his bios,updated DVD drive firmware. I ran memtest and prime95 for many many hours and they both have no errors. I scanned his HD thats also fine.I ran chkdsk /r/f,scannow etc.
I messed with different setting in the bios but still no luck.
I took it apart applied new thermal paste reinserted all the drives added a new cmos battery,cleaned out the dust etc.
On 64bit it Crashed mostly on Facebook Flash games and youtube.
Bluescreen errors where mostly hal.dll+12903 and ntoskrnl.exe.
0x124 - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I just want to know what possibles would cause 64bit to crash but not 32bit!

Thank you

Whats the service tag of the Dell laptop?

Its probably hardware, e.g. 64 bit is too much for it, but I'd rather see the specifications of it before confirming.

The service tag is 3KG3ZJ1.
I have the same feeling that 64 bit is too much for it But 64bit came pre- installed on it.
I could not run one video in 64bit for over 15 min with out a crash.
On 32bit I been running 2 videos and a flash game for over two hours.

yep it has a 64 bit CPU.Yes I also downloaded all the drivers from dell I been messing with it for over a week running tests and such.If it works on 32 and not 64 I think it has to be a driver issue Right? I have also tried different browsers it BSOD's on all of them. I disabled hardware acceleration.I tried default settings in BIOS along with other settings. I also played with some of AMD's settings. It would have to be a driver or wrong settings it makes no sense to me.It looks like I'm just going to keep it in 32bit mode. Thanks for the help I really do appreciate it.

I think the next step really is to see some minidumps.

They're in C:\windows\minidump

Attached the last 4-5 to your reply and I'm sure someone will view them soon, and be able to hopefully zero in on the issue.

Back