Why You Should Sign In With Google, Facebook, or Apple

learninmypc

Are you still creating user accounts everywhere? Maybe you should stop and sign in with your Google, Facebook, or Apple account instead. It might just be more secure—and it’s definitely more secure if you’re not currently using a password manager.

One Strong Password With No Password Reuse
If you’re creating user accounts for each service you use, there’s a good chance you’re reusing passwords or using simpler passwords that are easy to remember. Then, when a website is breached and leaks your password, an attacker could use those email and password combinations to get access to your accounts. DoorDash losing 5 million logins was just the most recent example, but such breaches happen frequently.

FULL ARTICLE

Surfing the net while logged into your google account is like saying "Please Track Everything I do online" -- you're generating 3rd party cookies everywhere you go.

If you dislike tracking cookies, then be sure to signout of google.

Surfing the net while logged into your google account is like saying "Please Track Everything I do online" -- you're generating 3rd party cookies everywhere you go.

Is that true if 3rd party cookies are blocked like mine are?

Damnit, I should be more careful

Over time I have become fond of Firefox for its Cookie Management:

Choose which trackers and scripts to block.
Cookies
Tracking content
Cryptominers
Fingerprinters

(Heads up!
Blocking trackers and isolating cookies could impact the functionality of some sites. Reload a page with trackers to load all content. Learn how)​
Send web sites a “Do Not Track” signal that you don’t want to be tracked​
Learn more​

Always
Only when Firefox is set to block known trackers​
Cookies and Site Data
Calculating site data and cache size… Learn more
Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed

That last one is just great to me: Quit the browser and all traces of where I've been disappear. (just with the iPad version did the same)

not a chance
Oh ye of little faith. Not signing in to gagme is the first step as should be blocking tird party cookies.
There is not a chance I will make every login on the internet dependent on the whims of a censorious group of authoritarians like Google. Anyone doing so is manifestly foolish.
I could care less about the moaning and groaning everyone does about their policies. I avoid them like the plague anyway, and, IMO, it is not at all hard to avoid their crap.

I could care less about the moaning and groaning everyone does about their policies. I avoid them like the plague anyway, and, IMO, it is not at all hard to avoid their crap.
Nobody does - until they feel the lash. And it comes around for you eventually. You just operate under the mistaken presumption that you're safe, at the moment.

Back