Wifi Card not recognised after motherboard upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently upgraded the motherboaqrd on my Medion 8383xl, however the bluetooth and wifi chips are on a single card which connected to a special 10 pin usb header and the new mobo (Gigabyte GA-G31-ES2L) only has 9 pin headers. Is there any way to get this card working or shall i order a new pci express network card? Also i was wondering if i could connect the pc to a ps3 through ethernet and sort of bridge a wireless connection that way.
Cheers,
Sam

For the Medion, you will need the new card... We service a sales team that uses all Medion... and the Wireless contines to be a problem... there are some converter cables that will work, but they are darned hard to find...

I have ordered a new bluetooth/wifi pci card which meens the only thing left of my old medion is the PSU and the case. It was only £13.00 for the card and it probably would have cost more to source a converter cable. However on the MS 7091 motherboard the 10 pin usb header is on a seperate pcb which is soldered in to what looks like a standard usb header. Could this pcb be removed and used as a converter with a cable in the bottom going to the motherboard if you get what im saying.
Cheers,
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back